• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chirping sound coming from under the hood

Rev Den said:
Actually...you did, remember the PMs to me?

Actually, you are a liar. I never said what you claim.
Your claims are all false. Not one word of what you say is true.
Why do you want a fight?

I should hope that someone who has posted thousands of posts on this forum would understand and abide by the rules, but here, yet again, you are attempting to start a fight, just as you have done before, and always based on politics. You need to reign it in or risk being booted.
Yet again you are using the word "conservative" as political bait.
I'm not falling for it.
You care more about attacking people over politics than about helping people who are looking for technical advise. Disgusting.

Your conduct on this forum is shameful.

It's too bad that a someone like you has taken it upon themselves to ruin this forum for those that really want good advise. You are turning NAXJA into forum for political rants.
Hopefully others will see your numerous political rants and decide to tune you out. No one here is interested in hearing your petty crap.
Your advise is to be discounted completely because of your irrational need to fight with people over politics in violation of forum policy.

I will be alerting the moderator of your violation of the terms of service.
Get over it and move on.

Reindeer said:
Does anyone who does not have an irrational political axe to grind want to give me some real help? I obviously can't take advise from someone who is so full of hatred.

I guess I'm the wrong one to offer advice :D

You need to grow some thicker skin, because...well we like rev more than you :D

Is there a reason for burping the cooling system and replacing the thermostat and coolant while replacing the water pump? Is this necessary?

Also, I have seen a wide range in price for water pumps from $30 to more than $70. Is there really a big difference in quality?
Is there a recommended brand or should I just go with the least expensive one?

Best brand seems to be Hesco, but their water pump is very expensive, any parts store brand will just be an OEM replacement with no performance or design enhancements.

Replacing the thermostat is a no-brainer when doing a water pump. It is a very cheap part and you're already taking the housing apart for the water pump replacement.

Coolant replacement is necessary since you have to dump half of the coolant out when you remove the water pump. Re-using coolant is not wise.

Burping the system makes sure that there are no air bubbles trapped in the block which can lead to overheating.

Reindeer said:
Actually, you are a liar. I never said what you claim.
Your claims are all false. Not one word of what you say is true.
Why do you want a fight?

I should hope that someone who has posted thousands of posts on this forum would understand and abide by the rules, but here, yet again, you are attempting to start a fight, just as you have done before, and always based on politics. You need to reign it in or risk being booted.
Yet again you are using the word "conservative" as political bait.
I'm not falling for it.
You care more about attacking people over politics than about helping people who are looking for technical advise. Disgusting.

Your conduct on this forum is shameful.

It's too bad that a someone like you has taken it upon themselves to ruin this forum for those that really want good advise. You are turning NAXJA into forum for political rants.
Hopefully others will see your numerous political rants and decide to tune you out. No one here is interested in hearing your petty crap.
Your advise is to be discounted completely because of your irrational need to fight with people over politics in violation of forum policy.

I will be alerting the moderator of your violation of the terms of service.
Get over it and move on.
Well Deer, or is it Reiny.
The first thing I'd get if I were you was a clue.
Rev happens to be one of the more well respected members on this board.
You want to get into a public shit storm over a little dig.
Bad idea jeans.
Also, with your, what? 87 posts? and name in black, you claim to know what others on this board want to hear?
What a jackass.
By the way, here's the aforementioned clue;
Skin, go thick or go JU.

goodburbon said:
Best brand seems to be Hesco, but their water pump is very expensive, any parts store brand will just be an OEM replacement with no performance or design enhancements.

Replacing the thermostat is a no-brainer when doing a water pump. It is a very cheap part and you're already taking the housing apart for the water pump replacement.

Coolant replacement is necessary since you have to dump half of the coolant out when you remove the water pump. Re-using coolant is not wise.

Burping the system makes sure that there are no air bubbles trapped in the block which can lead to overheating.

Thank you for your help, GoodBourbon.
I will look into purchasing a thermostat.

Burping the system doesn't seem quite as important with the open system (which a 92 should be) as it is for the older closed system. Priimarily because the open system runs at 16psi versus the 6psi of the closed. Anyway, do a quick search and you find info posted by 5-90 for drilling a bleeder hole near the top edge of the thermostat (1/8" I think?) to help burp the system. Otherwise, you might need to loosen the temp sensor at the back of the block to help get some air out.

I changed the waterpump in my 98 in the parking lot at work once with some hand tools (a few wrench,etc) during lunch a couple years ago - I have an office job btw. It was the 2nd or third time I did it, hardest part is getting out the metal heater hose pipe thingy. I second getting an OEM pump. I was on my 4th lifetime warranty pump before I got a good one.

Thank you Lawsoncl and Fender for your help.

I will search on burping the cooling system.
I'm nervous about drilling a hole in a new part.
Is that really necessary?
The manual says to "operate the engine with the heater control valve in the HEAT position until the thermostat opens to purge air from the system."
Is this the same as "burping" the system?
BTW, where is the heater control valve?

I will look out for the metal heater hose pipe thing.

I have obtained a water pump, thermostat and coolant.
I will be doing the work this Saturday, so look for more posts from me.
Hopefully I will not need any.

Rev Den said:
Yes
No
On the dash
Yes
No

In your case I would let the mechanic do it.

Rev
Dont listen to him, he has an irrational political axe to grind

I shopped around and got quotes of between $135 and $165 to replace a jeep 4.0 H2O pump, all of them quoted pump price of between $65 and $75, so that $300 plus price you got does seem high. The one high price I did get was from a dealer @ $195, still lower than that $300+.

Reindeer, the Revs replies were on the up and up, you are the one holding a grudge. You should stop broadcasting that you think the world is against you........or it will be.

goodburbon said:
Reindeer, the Revs replies were on the up and up, you are the one holding a grudge. You should stop broadcasting that you think the world is against you........or it will be.

Rev Den holds a grudge, not the other way around.
The world is not against me at all, quite the opposite.
Thanks for your concern.

dizzymac said:
I shopped around and got quotes of between $135 and $165 to replace a jeep 4.0 H2O pump, all of them quoted pump price of between $65 and $75, so that $300 plus price you got does seem high. The one high price I did get was from a dealer @ $195, still lower than that $300+.

Thank you Dizzymac.
The water pump that I bought cost $42.
I plan to do the work myself.

goodburbon said:
You should stop broadcasting that you think the world is against you........or it will be.
Actually, he's right, here.
The world IS against him.

Back