• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap tube bender

the 1.75" die is pricey and HEAVY!!

Noticed that.... Kinda sucks.... At least I can do the cage for my car and the Jeep stuff with the same die. So in a sense it'll pay for its self. (anything to make myself feel better about buying a $400 die set)

Lil up date to the company i posted
I called tubetek.net and talked to the guy for a moment, seems like a nice guy. I'm talking to my boss to see if they will order me a bender and take it out of my tool bill from my check.

Lil up date to the company i posted. The company is located in ashville NC, its like a week turn around time.
I called tubetek.net and talked to the guy for a moment, seems like a nice guy. I'm talking to my boss to see if they will order me a bender and take it out of my tool bill from my check.

Might want to read up on this:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450426

It is talking about Cliff's Tube Tek Bender. People seem to be having trouble getting a hold of him and getting their products IIRC. I previously looked into his benders. Shot him an email, and he responded very quickly with pics and detailed answers to my questions. Very professional. I emailed him back twice asking new questions and such... Never heard from him again.

Just something to think about. I know the price is hard to beat.

he isnt too tooo far from me. if he plays me off, i'll just ride up there lol. its usually easier to deal with people like that face to face.

I've been looking into benders as well and have noticed a few limitations in some of the common benders. I want to bend 1.5 x 0.188 DOM and have only found ONE die manufacturer whose dies are rated for this. JD2 model 32. The model 3 dies are rated for 0.120, the Pro Tools dies are rated at a max of 0.134 weather it's the BRUTE with 1" thick arms or the Pro 105 with 5/8" thick arms or the standard 105 with 1/2" arms. I realize others have used the JD2 model 3 dies with 1.5 x 0.188 tube, but the die is not rated for that. So, if I want to work within the constraints of the published die ratings, the Pro 32 dies are my only option. BTW, they are rated for SOLID 1.5"!!!

" Die sets up to 1.5” can bend solid round. Die sets up to 2” OD will bend up to .250" wall. Die sets greater than 2” OD will bend up to .120” wall."

So, it would appear that the only two benders that use this die are the JD squared model 32 in a horozontal bender or the Pro-Bender model 32 which is designed as a vertical bender and designed to use a common Harbor Freight air over hydraulic ram. The videos of this bender look awfully slow, but it does get the job done! http://www.probender.com/products.asp?cat=41

The Pro32 is $659 on their web site and requires additonal purchase of the ram, a die set and a base.

The JD2 model 32 is $799 including a ram or $395 for the manual version.

I've not used any of these benders, but from what I gather, vertical is pretty cool and hydraulic is as well.

Gee, it kind of looks like one should be a JD2 manual model 32, build a stand to mount it vertically and utilize the HF ram! Thoughts? Jeff

Last edited:
hydraulics are for old men, you can buy 2 extra die's, and a tubing notcher for what it'll cost to convert to hydro.

i can bend 1.5, .188 all day long on my manual jd2, no sign of kinks..... dunno why but it seems you are over thinking the .188.... it's not a 747, i dont care what it's 'rated' for, all i know, is it doesnt seem to strain the bender, so why worry? the bender mfg's are trying to upsell you stuff you dont need.

you are correct about the base though, only a chump would buy that from them, same with the handle.

ive bent .256 wall 1.5 mild steel and dom with a jd2 manual bender. its not that hard to do. cromoly is another story because of the springback. and i would just make my own handle and base for a 1/4 of the price to buy them. there is no such thing as a cheap tube bender. it doesnt matter which bender you use, buying the dies are expensive so you might as well just buy a good bender to start off with and not XXXX around with any bullshit. hands down the jd2 is the best bender i have used. adding the hydraulic is just a luxury item. its not like youre going to bend some much tube your arms are going to fall off so i would suggest putting that money into other tools you might want like a notcher or burr king. just my 2 cents.

Just arrived at the door. Jd2 model 32 with 1.75 and 2" 180 degree dies and tube notcher. I only paid 208.00 but times that buy seven people that went in on it.
a6cd0a05-f4bb-7fe7.jpg

pro-tools is having a sale! i just bought a 105 bender for 200 + shipping(251 out the door) i talked to jim and he said the $200 deal was only if you buy a die with it,i told him nevermind and then he proceeded to help me out with getting the $200 price. either way if you order one ask for jim. can't wait to order the dies next.

Back