• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charity Poker run-sat Nov 10 Ocotillo/Truckhaven

Man thats cutting it close.I'll see what i can do.But i'll bust my butt to make out there to help per run a trail.

As for being hot, yea, it's the desert dude.LOL HELL yeah it's real warm to hot... Only a true desert rat handles this heat all day in his jeep like i do.Most folks that live in the desert hide in there AC homes. We HIDE away... go underground... hole up... SOME Rats need their head examined :wave:

Curt

LOL, wuss.But you drive around all day in your AC truck to stay out of the heat.I only hate it when it is humid out here, even then it isn't bad after the sun goes down.LOL. 104 and all

I am trying to make the pre-run happen. If I can clear my work schedule I am in.

New sponsors! Hellwig Motorsports! Gravity Skateboards! hoping on getting a few more in soon!

I would be interested in the pre-run trip as well. I joined this forum because my buddy has a an XJ ( I have a 4dr mountaineer) I would need to know what trails you would be hitting the truck isn't exactly a rock crawler and is full size width in the front (80").

I would be interested in the pre-run trip as well. I joined this forum because my buddy has a an XJ ( I have a 4dr mountaineer) I would need to know what trails you would be hitting the truck isn't exactly a rock crawler and is full size width in the front (80").
This area has trails for every level of build. You will be fine. There are other ways around virtually every major obstacle out there.

This pre run will be for all type's of builds, From stock to built.So you won't have any trouble with it.Will have some hill climbs and soft sand in washes so you'll need to air down.Having a stock rig would be a good thing for the pre running of the trail.If you never been here bring the camera, great place to run around.

There is a AM/PM gas down the road about 2.5 miles, i think for air and gas.If not i have air on board if needed.

Hellwig has donated a gift certificate for a sway bar! detours is donating a Knuclebone and were not even finished yet!!! whoo hoooo!!!

Last edited:
I stayed at my buddy's house this last july in salton city by the ampm to test my truck out when i got it back. We stayed in the badlands and south, so i have an idea of what to expect. I normally airdown, just didn't know if you guys were hitting the tight trails or anything with huge rocks because I don't have sliders and sit around the height of a stock xj with 30s or 31s. Sounds like fun, I'll just need to know a time frame so I can tell the babysitter when I'll be back. Being a friday I'll probably have an open seat. Thanks for not picking on me for having a ford product.

I stayed at my buddy's house this last july in salton city by the ampm to test my truck out when i got it back. We stayed in the badlands and south, so i have an idea of what to expect. I normally airdown, just didn't know if you guys were hitting the tight trails or anything with huge rocks because I don't have sliders and sit around the height of a stock xj with 30s or 31s. Sounds like fun, I'll just need to know a time frame so I can tell the babysitter when I'll be back. Being a friday I'll probably have an open seat. Thanks for not picking on me for having a ford product.
We wouldn't pick on you for having a Found Off Road Dead :D

For the destinations they have on the run you will be fine.

Matt

Back