• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Feedback / Improvements for 2011

Lets keep the idle chit chat out of this and stay focused on the topic at hand please. These are all great ideas so keep them coming and again, if members are seriously about taking leads on some of them, please post up.

Lets keep the idle chit chat out of this and stay focused on the topic at hand please. These are all great ideas so keep them coming and again, if members are seriously about taking leads on some of them, please post up.

I would be glad to plan some family based trail runs where spouses and children are a big emphasis on the run.

Some oldtimers might remember my lytle creek senic runs. I'm willing to set those up again they work great for wives and kids since there's a few stops with bathrooms and 2 lakes we can work in for those wanting to fish etc. Also its a great place for letting noobs get into some innocent 4x4 situations to learn on. I quit posting because I quit getting people to show up. I still go about once a month and every few months do a night run too.

For 2011 I plan on allocating less time working out back and more time trolling Cal and Geoff.

Haha true but this is a recent development. Still I also have my 40hr workweek and 20hrs of schoolwork on top of that. If you haven't noticed, I don't do daytrips...only overnights to make the travel worth it. Plus I prefer drinking to firelight than my tv =P
I also hope to have a dual sport soon which means maybe I can do more atcamp with my vehicle. I like NaXja and hope to stay a member mostly because of you, max, Jeeperjohn and mike Grimm and cal.

I feel the love!

More cohesive meet and greets, more Adopt A Trail participation, and more people getting together for runs. There are Naxja kids doing runs every weekend, and most people find out after the fact. The chapter got really cliquey for a while, and while it is getting better, there is a long way to go.

Spencer and I posted up a couple of runs (both overnight and day) and nobody contacted us about it. Granted I know nobody wants their jeep to look like mine, but I have evolved! Joking aside anytime somebody wants to wheel let me know, we usually have something going on at least once a month, depending on my health :laugh:

I am interested in organizing 1/4ly bbq's, all around socal, not just in the oc. My idea for these would be a pot luck style, with a bring your own drinks type of deal. My hope would be to get someone in the area (la, sd, ie, hd ect) to host the event, and Ii will try and set everything else up, I would like to see if I can start the planning, and do this in feb that gives plunty of for warning. Then start planning for 2nd 1/4 another 2 months in advance, what do the higher ups think of this?

peace
ted

And in regards to what bhicks was saying, my gf likes to go out, but shes not into the hardcore stuff, I would love to see some lighter (not all day on the trail) family friendly type of runs. That would REALLY be awesome. Awesome idea bro. I will try to keep my potty mouth in check O:)

peace
ted

I'm in for a mild run to lytle creek, I've been looking to run that trail for awhile, something I can take the wife and kids on. Need a back seat for my jeep though lol.

i also agree with some of the lighter runs... people start getting burned out on obstical trails like gold mt and john bull... so scenic trail runs would be fun that way the family could be involved... there are alot of fun scenic stuff out in j.v. and out towards the barstow area and even calico ghost town...

tedwick - i would be willing to host the i.e. bbq a couple members have seen what i can provide as far as an entertaining area... i can host about 40 - 50 people in just the back patio... no to mention the 30 ft bbq island

i also agree with some of the lighter runs... people start getting burned out on obstical trails like gold mt and john bull...

I didn't know there was any obstacles on gold mountain or john bull :dunno:

Last edited:
Back