• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Feedback / Improvements for 2011

Id like to not be the only Mexican on most trail runs. Can we allow more Mexicans in this club or have we met out NAXJA quota? :p

Id like to not be the only Mexican on most trail runs. Can we allow more Mexicans in this club or have we met out NAXJA quota? :p

First you have to get the "others" to not be so parinoid in thinking we are leading them all back across the boarder, and we really are just enjoying the back roads and trails :)

Wheres the other token brown skinned guy at these days? Just cause he has a bronco now...

Hopefully this wont piss off some people, but I would really like to see some family based events. My son is now old enough to come along and my wife has started joining me on trail runs and has joined me at a couple M&G's but some of the events, trail runs, M&G's were a little too harsh of an environment for children. I'm not saying I don't enjoy drinking and having a good time, I just wish there were alternative events set up for guys and their families where we didn't have to put ear plugs on our kids or worry about which drunk single guy will hit on our wife this time. I enjoy going out with a group of guys and not having to watch my tongue or worry about embarassing myself, but I would also like the occassional option for a "Family Friendly" event.

Hopefully this wont piss off some people, but I would really like to see some family based events. My son is now old enough to come along and my wife has started joining me on trail runs and has joined me at a couple M&G's but some of the events, trail runs, M&G's were a little too harsh of an environment for children. I'm not saying I don't enjoy drinking and having a good time, I just wish there were alternative events set up for guys and their families where we didn't have to put ear plugs on our kids or worry about which drunk single guy will hit on our wife this time. I enjoy going out with a group of guys and not having to watch my tongue or worry about embarassing myself, but I would also like the occassional option for a "Family Friendly" event.

I could definatly dig this one. My wife isn't as crazy about wheeling as I am. And she doesn't like sitting in the jeep for to long either. My son on the other hand loves it. And it would also be good with the baby on the way. :conceited

Ive seen this topic come up multiple times over the last few years, I think its high time people learn to act right in public. The forum is toted as a family site so why not the meet and greets? As for runs I have only been on a couple that id say were not family friendly, although it does happen I dont think it is the norm.

As for Julio's comment about more messofkins being on runs :p

I try to post my trips when I can, but going on day trips is expensive for me. It's also hard for me to justify driving out from where I live as I'm not very close to any off road areas and come back the same day.
As someone mentioned, a camping trip for the weekend makes the fuel consumption less of an issue. Just a thought that more overnighters might get some response at Yellowpost sites (or free camping areas). My last big trip had a good response of 9 vehicles and 17 people out in Mojave (I didn't post it b/c it was over Goatfest wknd and I didn't want to interfere).
I'll continue to post overnighters when I organize them, but maybe others want to try as well.

i agree with the quartley events and bbqs... how ever people seem to not wanna show everytime a bbq/ hang out event is planned... several members have tried with little success... including myself lol...

trail clean ups - great idea
camping trips - great idea
bbq's - great idea

I try to post my trips when I can, but going on day trips is expensive for me. It's also hard for me to justify driving out from where I live as I'm not very close to any off road areas and come back the same day.
As someone mentioned, a camping trip for the weekend makes the fuel consumption less of an issue. Just a thought that more overnighters might get some response at Yellowpost sites (or free camping areas). My last big trip had a good response of 9 vehicles and 17 people out in Mojave (I didn't post it b/c it was over Goatfest wknd and I didn't want to interfere).
I'll continue to post overnighters when I organize them, but maybe others want to try as well.

Shut up Garrett, I do day trips and i live not so far from you and... i dont complain about "fuel consumtion" :p

Plus you don't have a jeep anymore so the fuel consumption shouldn't be an issue with a 4 banger in the Vee dubb.

Hey, how did you get in anyway? :-

I snuck in, apparently im born with this ability. :p

ROFL! That is so good I cannot even think of something snide and witty to say. :D

You? No! I don't believe it.

i agree with the quartley events and bbqs... how ever people seem to not wanna show everytime a bbq/ hang out event is planned... several members have tried with little success... including myself lol...

trail clean ups - great idea
camping trips - great idea
bbq's - great idea

Shut up Garrett, I do day trips and i live not so far from you and... i dont complain about "fuel consumtion" :p

Plus you don't have a jeep anymore so the fuel consumption shouldn't be an issue with a 4 banger in the Vee dubb..
Haha true but this is a recent development. Still I also have my 40hr workweek and 20hrs of schoolwork on top of that. If you haven't noticed, I don't do daytrips...only overnights to make the travel worth it. Plus I prefer drinking to firelight than my tv =P
I also hope to have a dual sport soon which means maybe I can do more atcamp with my vehicle. I like NaXja and hope to stay a member mostly because of you, max, Jeeperjohn and mike Grimm and cal.

Haha true but this is a recent development. Still I also have my 40hr workweek and 20hrs of schoolwork on top of that. If you haven't noticed, I don't do daytrips...only overnights to make the travel worth it. Plus I prefer drinking to firelight than my tv =P
I also hope to have a dual sport soon which means maybe I can do more atcamp with my vehicle. I like NaXja and hope to stay a member mostly because of you, max, Jeeperjohn and mike Grimm and cal.

Dammit, Must try harder to get you to leave :p

Hey, that angry white bald dude come visit again? I like him! :p

More cohesive meet and greets, more Adopt A Trail participation, and more people getting together for runs. There are Naxja kids doing runs every weekend, and most people find out after the fact. The chapter got really cliquey for a while, and while it is getting better, there is a long way to go.

I'll commit to making 1 run every other month, that I post up here with open invite, for all of 2011. January will be Truckhaven. Sometime in March, probably Mojave Road.

Josh and I are working on a new SoCal Naxja website with an event calender (he doesn't know this yet..) where we can try to keep more posted.

I would like to see more member participation at the quarterly Adopt A Trail meetings.

No its a Jerk -off!

I think Garett only wants to do overnights, becuase deep down, he regrets selling his XJ.
Plus he likes to laugh at your tents getting blown around!

Garrett, Get a D/S and hit Mojave Road with me and the KLR.
I'm hoping that at 10am on Saturday the trade will happen! (Meeting a guy to trade my sportbike for his Supermoto....which I then need dirt wheels for)
No its a Jerk -off!

I think Garett only wants to do overnights, becuase deep down, he regrets selling his XJ.
Plus he likes to laugh at your tents getting blown around!
I do miss it. :cheers: But I do know that I stayed out of a lot of trouble in Mojave not having it LOL :spin1:

Back