• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Canoes on Jeeps...pin 'em up here

From yesterday. The 4 of us took our youngest son on his first river Kayak trip. We did a easy float of a 4 mile stretch of the James with about 5 cat1's in it. He did great for a first time paddler.

The Jeeps loaded up!
0623121038a.jpg

0623121037.jpg

Since I know you're a Gas Cubby freak like me what did you see with fuel economy compared to no canoe?

This was a really bad test case for several reasons. The first was right before I left I made some unmentionable on naxja changes to my exhaust system. At the moment I have zero downstream 02 sensors (don't worry forum nazi's...this is only temporary as I ran out of time to get it done before the weekend)

The second was I was loaded stupid heavy in my trailer.

The third is I was pounded by relentless headwinds the entire trip.

The third is I was driving over the most ungodly steep roads I have ever ran my jeep in. There were times where I was miles and miles in first gear at 4K RPM just to get over the mountains.

The entire trip I averaged 10.7 MPG

Well what good are you?!

I will tell you this. Headwind with a canoe sucks. It makes me very happy I just borrowed this one instead of buying one. Coming home from Evanston Wy today is almost all down hill. The wind was blowing so hard I was in direct drive a lot of the time with my foot on the gas getting about 14 MPG according to my overhead....downhill!!!

I laughed pretty good at "not mentionable on naxja"

Dr. Moab, you have the best XJ on NAXJA, or maybe it's XJEEPER. anyways, thanks for sharing your picture perfect adventures!

I laughed pretty good at "not mentionable on naxja"

Dr. Moab, you have the best XJ on NAXJA, or maybe it's XJEEPER. anyways, thanks for sharing your picture perfect adventures!

Thanks but its defiantly XJEEPER he lives a couple miles away from me and his build was a lot of the inspiration for mine. When you get up close and look at the time, thought and detail that went in to his it's not even a comparison. It is by far the best put together XJ I've ever seen. It's not the biggest nor does he have the most money put into it but EVERY piece on that jeep is the result of countless hours of thought and planning.

XJEEPER is OCD, DrMoab is ADD.

You probably meant that as a joke but nothing could me more true.

I go to work on my jeep, the lawn mower catches my eye, I start to mow the lawn and notice that a rock has fallen off my rock wall, so I go to put it up and see all the weeds which leads me to the store to get weed killer but before I get there I figure I will stop to get the parts I need for the jeep and then I forget to go to the store to buy weed killer.

In the end I have spent a weekend starting a bunch of projects and none of them get done.

You probably meant that as a joke but nothing could me more true.

I go to work on my jeep, the lawn mower catches my eye, I start to mow the lawn and notice that a rock has fallen off my rock wall, so I go to put it up and see all the weeds which leads me to the store to get weed killer but before I get there I figure I will stop to get the parts I need for the jeep and then I forget to go to the store to buy weed killer.

In the end I have spent a weekend starting a bunch of projects and none of them get done.

Lol I am the exact same way...

Back