• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Canoes on Jeeps...pin 'em up here

Rod Knee

NAXJA Forum User
Picture.jpg

Not my Jeep but my fishing buddies, I'm folling him with the same set-up on top of mine. This was taken after a day of fishing on the upper James.

donnysxjvg4.jpg

I've posted this before, but I'll bite and post it again:

401189_58_full.jpg

It made for a fun trip through the Adirondacks.

Don't have pictures of it, but my record currently stands at 5 whitewater kayaks and 1 whitewater canoe stacked on top running shuttle on the Balcony Falls stretch of the James River in VA

xjtrailrider said:
Not my Jeep but my fishing buddies, I'm folling him with the same set-up on top of mine. This was taken after a day of fishing on the upper James.

donnysxjvg4.jpg

Stupid pic didn't load up, another try!
donnysxjvg4.jpg

from back in 2005

anybody recognise where the second pic is?

man, wish I could find a picture. I build cedar strip canoes for a hobby on occasion, and while they look best on the water, the next best location is on top of my jeep

Not a canoe. I call Lake Superior around the Keweenaw my waters. And some stuff near Green Bay.

Optomized.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I gotta get wit you Wisconsin guys. My relatives live in Madison and I'm over there about twice per year. Would like to do some trails in north WI.

There is some stuff, not as plentiful as one would hope. Both those pictures were taken in the U.P. One at school and the other on what used to be Hwy 141.

This is an old pic of when I first got my most recent XJ....but how about 2 kayaks and a canoe???

1192194389.jpg

I miss those waters up there. Been a couple of years since I last spent time along lake superior, in Gran Marais. That's an excellent pic of your Jeep and witht he fall colors... Major withdrawl for me...

Off of the bow of my canoe, Gulliver Lake in U.P Michigan, not far from Lake Michigan;

cimg1555.jpg

Tahquamenon Falls;

CIMG1791.jpg

Gran Marais, Lake Superior;

CIMG1897.jpg

Gran Marais, Lake Superior, Devil's Slide;

CIMG1874.jpg

Beautiful Country... :D I love the U.P. Michigan... Been going there all of my life.

Back