• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Canoes on Jeeps...pin 'em up here

its so easy, even a caveman can do it.

funny I had the exact same thought when I saw this

3645186842_b5e1e8a1ff_b.jpg

do you have 31's?

looks good, similar stance as mine, im on 30's, the pic i have earlier in the thread was stock.

yep the rims are dodge power wagon 2 wheel drive and the hub caps are ford ranger
I had to drill and tap the rims to bolt on the center cap retainers i just love the look of the dog dish hub caps. the have a gap between the rim and the cap so the mud falls

looks good, similar stance as mine, im on 30's, the pic i have earlier in the thread was stock.

Thanks man. I actually was one of the few who voted for you in the rig of the month contest a while back. You've got a very clean 2 door.
:cheers:

Thanks! Yeah I figured my rig would appeal to a select few. And it was clean, it got hit by a fed ex truck a while back. Hopefully it comes out of the shop cleaner now lol. Pics were in the MWC's important thread. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60463&page=884. Almost thought it was totaled because in our two doors thats body structure back there, and the rocker got tweaked some. Was able to get them to fix it instead. But if you have questions PM me so we dont clutter this thread :D

just got back from a weekend canoe/camping trip. buddy ended up bringing his DD XJ instead of his lifted TJ.
short trip, ok weather, good time had by all.

7818_1224089809573_1448833472_602988_44390_n.jpg

Yes, remember the maintenance is also divided amongst the pool of owners. A well organized group of owners takes this into account and includes this in the cost of ownership. Others just charge an assessment to the pool as things need to be done. The only thing that could make that unbearable is if the quagga mussel gets into Lake Powell. It has been a plague on the east coast and recently got into Lake Mead. GCNRA is really ramping up their efforts to inspect most boats for mussels before launch but it will only take one to introduce them to Powell. They quickly spread, covering EVERYTHING that is submerged for any length of time. That is the one thing that scares me about boat ownership.

They've got big signs up at the dam in Big Bear about mussels now, gues sit's an issue there now.

Back