• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Feb 2006

nosigma said:
Earlier comments make this sound like only 33's, two lockers and a winch need apply.
Sorry if that's what it came across as: there is one section called Lower Doran which is 33's and two lockers but it's only 100 feet and it has bypass. Ussually what happens is everyone pulls up to the bottom of Lower Doran, few nuts give it a shot, everyone watches and hangs out and then the group of smaller rigs drives back about 2 minutes, and hits the bypass and comes out on top of the Lower Doran and from that point on everyone goes together and makes it as easy or as hard as they feel like it.

Kitchen Pass application has been submitted. Might even get wife and daughter to come along. They passed on Superstition but Calico offers a lot more than wheeling and sucking dust in tent which will intrest them.

John

Both you and them will have a great time. No problem on your rig. I went last year with 32's, two posi...neither worked very well, and NO armor or rails. I ran everthing except the Lower. Hope the see you there.

You can run in Calico with a stock rig if that's what you have.

I'll also be coming up early Sat morning. Is there room in the bunkhouse if I decide to stay Sat night? I could lead a good night run after dinner if I stick around.

Goatman said:
You can run in Calico with a stock rig if that's what you have.

I'll also be coming up early Sat morning. Is there room in the bunkhouse if I decide to stay Sat night? I could lead a good night run after dinner if I stick around.
I believe there are a few spots left @ the bunkhouse.

My ol' man and I are now staying the weekend, we got our reservations (bringing the diesel pusher) and are set.

I'll be in either #7 #8 or #9
(i'm indecisive)

- Robert

There any more room for another? I could be there the night before (and would sleep in my jeep, no biggie), or what time would be good to be there in the morning? Im guessing the meeting point is the ghost town? Im on 35's, locked F/R, so this trail seems like it could have some realllly fun points.

freerider15 said:
There any more room for another? I could be there the night before (and would sleep in my jeep, no biggie), or what time would be good to be there in the morning? Im guessing the meeting point is the ghost town? Im on 35's, locked F/R, so this trail seems like it could have some realllly fun points.
I believe there is still room.

Room for a duck and hose? I'll be there and elusive Mei might even be there (2% chance in hell ;) ) Saturday night.

what is the rule for open exhaust there? its an off road rig only so i havent built the exhaust, i have about 14" on each side and its kind of loud but not that bad once you are out of the garage:laugh3:

steagall9301 said:
what is the rule for open exhaust there? its an off road rig only so i havent built the exhaust, i have about 14" on each side and its kind of loud but not that bad once you are out of the garage:laugh3:
I believe that the rig is supposed to be street legal.

MJR said:
BLM requirements. Muffler or approved spark arrestor.

Mike R
working on the mufler thing now, wont be great but it will work.

steagall9301 said:
working on the mufler thing now, wont be great but it will work.

Cool!

And Remi will check (fawkin nazi!) :laugh3:

cracker said:
Cool!

And Remi will check (fawkin nazi!) :laugh3:
look all you want, its in and works QUIETLY:laugh3:

Back