• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Feb 2006

sintax said:
BTW: how far is pumpkin eater from there?

I might be up for that.

Kejtar said:
Yeah, it was the one where Rabbit ripped the hatch.

yup =\

was that really that long ago =(

cracker said:
I might be up for that.

OK, if we can find someone to lead the run i'd be down to do it.

cracker said:
We had 5 jeeps last time and it was 4 hours in Lower Doran.

I have to take responsibility for that. :wave1:

And Ron says "I don't think that is the line Remi" (Pre Herculiner beltline)

remi2.jpg

Bent said:
You wouldn't listen! He kept telling you to row to the starboard 17*. It's not his fault you were in a Jeep. :rolleyes:

Yea, "a little left", "hard right", all the hand signals...

Jeepers are easily confused. :D

--ron

So is this trip still on? I may actually have a reliable wheelable rig by then. :) Would I be safe with 31's, rock sliders and 4.5" of lift with 4.10's? Talking to wife, maybe tow the popup out and ride along for the more difficult stuff.

Mark

This is definitely still on. Remi reserved the bunkhouse for Friday and Saturday nights, and he says it will sleep 20 people. But I'm sure your wife wouldn't want to sleep in the same room with a bunch of snoring (not to mention other things) Jeepers. I'm not even sure if I do. :laugh3:

You could run Lower Doran with 31s and rock rails. But...are you locked? That would certainly help. There is a bypass for Lower Doran, and you could do the rest if you're open.

xjohnnyc said:
Remi reserved the bunkhouse for Friday and Saturday nights, and he says it will sleep 20 people.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

cracker said:
Are you thinking what I am thinking?

Pervert! :firedevil

So who is going to bring the duck and the rubber hose?

MJR said:
And Ron says "I don't think that is the line Remi" (Pre Herculiner beltline)

remi2.jpg

Who's driving Remi's jeep? It looks like Remi in his muslim terrorist phase taking pictures.....OH GOD...there's not two of them, are there??

xjohnnyc said:
You could run Lower Doran with 31s and rock rails. But...are you locked? That would certainly help. There is a bypass for Lower Doran, and you could do the rest if you're open.

Lower Doran is as chewed up and deep as I've ever seen it. Definitely not for 31" tires. I'd say 33's and two lockers minimum, and I wouldn't run it with a D35. We were there last weekend (New Years) and one rig broke an alloy D44 rear shaft and then broke a Warn D44 stub shaft while winching out, and a Land Cruiser broke a rear shaft and the cross pin on the ARB.

The best moderate run is Odessa Canyon. The way we run Doran is a decent hardcore trail, but if you take the bypass to Lower Doran and don't do the optional stuff then Doran is easier than Odessa.

Calico is a lot of fun. We were there three days last weekend and had a blast.

Goatman said:
Lower Doran is as chewed up and deep as I've ever seen it. Definitely not for 31" tires. I'd say 33's and two lockers minimum, and I wouldn't run it with a D35. We were there last weekend (New Years) and one rig broke an alloy D44 rear shaft and then broke a Warn D44 stub shaft while winching out, and a Land Cruiser broke a rear shaft and the cross pin on the ARB.

The best moderate run is Odessa Canyon. The way we run Doran is a decent hardcore trail, but if you take the bypass to Lower Doran and don't do the optional stuff then Doran is easier than Odessa.

Calico is a lot of fun. We were there three days last weekend and had a blast.
Wow! I just looked at the pics that someone posted of your run over New Years and Lower Doran does look interesting to say the least. What changed it? Weather? or people?

Back