• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage construction

Anyway, it will be back out for the SoCalXJ event on the 14th. After that I'll drag it out to Johnson Valley for some real wheelin'.

Cya then! Can't wait to see it in person. Haven't seen it in a couple of years I think. Not that it looked like this at all back then.

The porch swing frame in the background looks like it's part of the cage construction. ha

2012-04-04_09-07-04_789.jpg

I can still lower it. It sits with 7" up and 5" down.
Right now it has 7wt Spectro fork oil.
As far as having the four link #'s (anti-squat, instant center etc.) I would need to dig up the print out. I do have the option of multiple upper link mount locations to work with.
I also made some decisions based on wanting the link mounts up above the frame rails, so I may never get the 'perfect' set up numbers. We will see....

We will see about making to the Benders event. Should work out perfect though.

Nice to see you get it out, Rick. It must feel pretty good. A bunch of us will be at Tinbenders......

Great trip to Truckhaven this past Saturday. It was its first 'real' 4x work. It performned flawlessly (after adding enough tranny fluid for it to work while on its side.)
photobucket-3553-1334457918057.jpg

Also got its first rock rash! I'm soooo proud.
:D
2012-04-16_08-13-07_515.jpg

On a side note; I mounted the fairlead thinking that the winch line would be pulled in from the top of the drum. The winch I ended up with is supposed to be drawn from the bottom. Any reason I should care? I'd like to leave it the way it is and draw from the top (switch would be indicating 'out' while it is actually drawing in.) Any input there?
TinBenders Jambo in two weeks! Its first JV trip.

Great trip to Truckhaven this past Saturday. It was its first 'real' 4x work.

On a side note; I mounted the fairlead thinking that the winch line would be pulled in from the top of the drum. The winch I ended up with is supposed to be drawn from the bottom. Any reason I should care? I'd like to leave it the way it is and draw from the top (switch would be indicating 'out' while it is actually drawing in.) Any input there?
TinBenders Jambo in two weeks! Its first JV trip.

The brake wouldn't work properly.

Already relocated the fairlead.
Now for some recovery points and CB ant.

Don't forget the ham/race radio antenna too.

And also the motor is not designed to pull weight while reversing the cable. I would look at remounting the fairlead or mount the winch upside down.

My winch is mounted on it's side, and pulling from the bottom. It's supposed to pull from the front, and the Warn manual says not to pull from the bottom. But Manuel is not the boss of me. Been like that for years. Works fine. haha.

I'm getting a chubby thinking about The Bugglie's first trip to Johnson Valley.

well, it could be because Farmer Matt is going to be there and I like his salty nuts...

Got back from her first Johnson Valley trip, and I couldn't be happier.
Not to say there are no issues, but more to the point that after almost three years she finally made it out to the Hammers.
I did blow a power steering hose (my fault, wrong fitting) and I also bent the ram mount bad enough to push it back into the track bar (3/8" or so.) I went over possible remedies, but I'm leaning toward cutting the whole thing off and going about it a bit different and with some better material.
Tool storage is inadequate, the cooler needs to be relocated, I do need to cut some 'steps' in the boatsides for the fatties riding passenger, nobody uses CB's anymore, the seats can use to be moved up and tilted forward a bit (that will nessesitate a change of steering wheel and shaft.) I will need on board air (probably reinstall AC pump and turn it into air supply (the tires do burp out air.)
Some pictures from the trip;
2012-04-27_15-52-42_663.jpg

2012-04-27_16-25-38_797.jpg

2012-04-27_16-30-19_753.jpg

2012-04-27_16-36-10_332.jpg

2012-04-28_14-54-28_352.jpg

Rig looks excellent! I'm excited to see your details and refinements for the tools, cooler, etc. Those kinds of details can be very important!

Back