• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buy Black-WTH

That's the difference.

wtf does that mean?

My question was... do these "black only" shoppers drive around looking for a gas station that is owned or operated by black people.
My statement was...
Because if they do they would have a hard time doing it in the routes I travel...

The places you stopped at were mainly middle eastern because they were close to your route.

The people from the article went out of their way to avoid everyone but black-owned businesses.

Granted...
but my "route" has about a 400mile radius.
That's a lot of "close to my route"

How far do you think these people have to go out of their way to find Gasoline sold by black owned gas stations...?

:doh:

What I'm saying is that you don't go out of your way to go to specific gas station b/c the owner is middle eastern.

I don't know how far they have to go to find black-owned gas stations; but it's asinine.

:doh:

What I'm saying is that you don't go out of your way to go to specific gas station b/c the owner is middle eastern.

I don't know how far they have to go to find black-owned gas stations; but it's asinine.

oh,
well don't mind me...
I am a little slow.:anon:

No its not.

What is your major malfunction?

No, seriously, what is it? Are you just irritated because some people try to think something out instead of get their panties twisted because of what someone else is doing (which doesn't harm you in the least?

Or is this some other carry over from something personal in your life?

Anyway, what ever it is, get over it.

No, seriously, what is it? Are you just irritated because some people try to think something out instead of get their panties twisted because of what someone else is doing (which doesn't harm you in the least?

In the spirit of thinking things through... Who cries segregation? Who cries racism?
Helping your community is one thing, but publicly favoring or marketing an action based on Race, Color, Creed, or other wise is exactly what the minorities are fighting so hard against.

its unbelievable that our society has come so far only to relapse into racial segregation.

This lady won't buy jewelry because she can't find a black jeweler.
This isn't about community, its not about helping local black businessmen its about flexing the newly grown muscle that African American activists have with the media coverage of all racial issues, because of our black president.

In the spirit of thinking things through... Who cries segregation? Who cries racism?
Helping your community is one thing, but publicly favoring or marketing an action based on Race, Color, Creed, or other wise is exactly what the minorities are fighting so hard against.

its unbelievable that our society has come so far only to relapse into racial segregation.

This lady won't buy jewelry because she can't find a black jeweler.
This isn't about community, its not about helping local black businessmen its about flexing the newly grown muscle that African American activists have with the media coverage of all racial issues, because of our black president.

I just don't care what other people do with their money so long as it doesn't affect my life or family. I don't care about their motivations either. I'm not going to start social engineering or whining about others or their beliefs. You could be the biggest white supremacist on the planet and I still wouldn't care about your money or your beliefs.

But that's just me.

I guess my malfuntion is that I don't think, my opinion, that what they are doing is right. You think its no big deal.

You have your opinion I have mine.

I may have jumped the gun on the "No its not." but that wasn't direct at you, sorry.

When it became a news story it gave everyone the right to voice an opinion on it. Most people talk about news, sports, movies whatever. I'd bet that this couple called a friend so someone could write a story about them. They wanted people to know what they were doing, which in turn will cause people to talk about it and voice opinions.

I just don't care what other people do with their money so long as it doesn't affect my life or family.

If your family owned a restaurant in a black dominated neighborhood and this family start lobbying for people to only eat a black restaurant, would it bother you then?

I guess my malfuntion is that I don't think, my opinion, that what they are doing is right. You think its no big deal.

You have your opinion I have mine.

I may have jumped the gun on the "No its not." but that wasn't direct at you, sorry.

When it became a news story it gave everyone the right to voice an opinion on it. Most people talk about news, sports, movies whatever. I'd bet that this couple called a friend so someone could write a story about them. They wanted people to know what they were doing, which in turn will cause people to talk about it and voice opinions.

Ok, it's cool.

Anyway, lemme put to you this way.

There's plenty of things in life that aren't right or fair(as we see them) but there's nothing we can do about it. This is also a common motivation of the liberals that are out there. "They" want to make everything fair by "equalizing" all of us to the lost common denominator. I don't agree with this in the least. But it is a main motivation of the left. Life isn't fair and they want to make life fair. Ultimately, trying to make life fair will always fail, just look at communist Russia.

People have freewill and should be allowed to choose their own paths in life. People are going do and think things differently than you or I, and that will never change.

The road I walk is paved in gold
To glorify my platinum soul
I am the closest thing to God
So worship me and never stop

The road I walk is paved in gold
To glorify my platinum soul
I am the closest thing to God
So worship me and never stop

Who said that? Obama or the Pope?

There's plenty of things in life that aren't right or fair(as we see them) but there's nothing we can do about it.

I don't agree with this in the least.

People have freewill and should be allowed to choose their own paths in life. People are going do and think things differently than you or I, and that will never change.

I agree with almost all the things you wrote.

I just like to complain about the dumb shit people do that I don't agree with.

My biggest issue is that they support business based on the color of the owners skin, instead they should be supporting local businesses that are owned by their neighbors.

If your family owned a restaurant in a black dominated neighborhood and this family start lobbying for people to only eat a black restaurant, would it bother you then?

Of course it would bother me, but what would be the point? If I want to support a free market economy, I need to support peoples' right to spend their money where they see fit. I also need to trust that there are more right minded individuals out there than would put my hypothetical business out in the cold.

Personally, I believe that there more good people out there than stupid or dumb people. It's just that the stupid and dumb ones are the most vocal.

Back