• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumpers recommened for under 800$

AJsArmor said:
The reason I don't list prices is that at least 80% of what I build are one of a kind custom bumpers based on what the customer asks for. Best part of my job though seeing the cool stuff people come up with!

I know your specialty is the custom stuff AJ, but from a marketing standpoint i really think you ought to have 3-4 commonly asked for designs with standard prices, but at the same time make it very clear this is the base and common stuff and you like to get wild and do anything. Lots of folks will look at your site and not see prices and just go to someother shop where prices are posted. You must do good just based on your reputation alone (which is great never heard anything bad) ....... but i want to see ya suceed as much as possible and think this change could only help you. :peace:

AJsArmor said:
jerryfb9.jpg
:eek: Nice work.

motorcityxj said:
I know your specialty is the custom stuff AJ, but from a marketing standpoint i really think you ought to have 3-4 commonly asked for designs with standard prices, but at the same time make it very clear this is the base and common stuff and you like to get wild and do anything. Lots of folks will look at your site and not see prices and just go to someother shop where prices are posted. You must do good just based on your reputation alone (which is great never heard anything bad) ....... but i want to see ya suceed as much as possible and think this change could only help you. :peace:

You know I've been debating that for awhile now and I think you just kicked me in the butt enough to do that. There are several designs that people keep asking about, I just don't want anyone to think that it's the only choices they have. Customers are the ones who steer what I build so I want to keep that going! Anyways, better start changing the site :geek: Thanks!

Tugboat369 said:
:patriot: I have a ProtoFab and it cost $494.00 it has held up well. :greensmok

X2, for 766.00 you can get a 1/4" plate steel bent front winch bumper and rear bumper ( more if you want the rear to have a spare tire rack)

great guys and best products out there

He has obviously beefed them up since last time I looked at his bumpers...

I'm glad to see that...

but that is why I added:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlkatdady

Not unless he beefed them up

Starscream918 said:
If by weeds you mean jihugeon oak trees... then okay. But:
001%20Pre97XJ%20Winch%20Bumper.jpg

xrayjeeper83 said:
Does it only use 3 hole each side or is there another bracket that bolts to it?

Andrew

there is another bracket that extends another 9" down the side to use an additional 3 holes per side. It is shipped separate to save on shipping costs

I like the protofab winch bumper the winch sets low enough to not block the radiator to bad. The only down side is I had to attach a guard to the grill cause when the winch cable spooled back on and its not all perfect it rubs the paint the grill.

Classified ads, I'm not sure what you have around where you are but try craigslist, I got a 4x4 Fab winch bumper for $150 with all the hardware, it had never been on a vehicle before.
Also on the local off-road forum I got a grill guard for $10 and a smittybilt rear tube bumper for $50.

Starscream918 said:
If by weeds you mean jihugeon oak trees... then okay. But:
001%20Pre97XJ%20Winch%20Bumper.jpg

Yeah. My rear bumper only used 14 grade 8 bolts to mount it up. Maybe I need to make some brackets or something!!

Back