• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Building A HP D30, What Parts & Brands?

I didnt know either of these companies had such a good warranty. Can anyone confirm the tire size limits on both of these. I was planning on running yukon gears. Do their gear sets have any warranty period on them?

Check their website. Its all listed there.

I get a strong sense of penis envy from you.. Chill with the defensive attitude:)

It's a shame you feel that way. I'm not trying to offend you. If all it takes is 2 replies to your comments to call people out, you might consider not posting. Just a thought.

Dont worry hes a ZJ guy :moon:

but RCV's sure are cool:clap:

Got mine for $800, just barely more than alloy axles and CTM's. Of course, CTM's aren't really made for road driving and you have to grease them all the time. I've gone on multiple road trips with my RCV's, no issues. Just drove 6 hours to the beach. Plus I can crank the wheel and put the hammer down on the rocks without ill effects. Worth it.

Get a decent set of gears and have them setup correct and you won't break them on 35's unless you abuse the crap out of em. I've put some hard trail miles on my new set that were properly installed by a shop.

Does anyone know if nitro is made in the usa? Cant find that info anywhere on their site. Found they have 2 year warranty on R&P but says nothing about their shafts. Cant find any tire size limit charts like on yukons site for their warranty claims either.

I'd tack the caps on the ujoints if you are going to run anything but full circle clips. Put the tack closest to the base of the yoke, there is a lot more metal there and it will not affect yoke strength as much if you dump too much heat in it while welding. Don't worry about the fact that you now can't change a ujoint, if you blow a ujoint on the trail the shaft/yoke is probably going to be trashed anyways so it will not matter. If you blow an inner shaft you might want to swap it out, but just carry fully assembled spare shafts... can always grind the tack weld off back at home and toss another inner shaft on.

Want to really polish that turd? RCVs, full case locker of some sort, good gears, ruffstuff cover. Break the gears in by driving 59.4 miles at an average speed of 73mph when the outside temperature is 85 degrees and the barometric pressure is average, wait 48 minutes for gears to cool then repeat 3 times.

i have seen some local guys smoke the 27 spline chromo's however cool thing on them is you can throw in a junkyard 27 spline to get home. most people don't carry chromo 30 spline spares. they are not bigger by much if any from what i understood.

Most people don't carry 30 spline spares because they do not find it necessary. They certainly are an upgrade and a lot bigger. Now going to 30 spline dana 44 stubs vs the stock 19 spline, those are not a lot bigger. Maybe what you have heard about?

27vs30.jpg

Want to really polish that turd? RCVs, full case locker of some sort, good gears, ruffstuff cover. Break the gears in by driving 59.4 miles at an average speed of 73mph when the outside temperature is 85 degrees and the barometric pressure is average, wait 48 minutes for gears to cool then repeat 3 times.

That's exactly what I did to the letter. :laugh:

But seriously, I have all those parts and it's strong.

I wouldn't run those hubs in your 30 either. They are/were discontinued last time I checked and I knew 2 people running them with built axles. Plan on breaking a set about every trip out since they will be the weakest link now. I've also seen them blow and take out the pinion from the backlash.

He didn't even say which warn hub kit he was looking at running, but you know it is discontinued and weak? ;)

The warn d30 5x5.5 kit is WAY quality, with the parts being far stronger than their dana 44 counterparts. Hardened spindles, chromo hubs, etc. It is one of the strongest dana 30 upgrades available.

The 30 is a great axle. Truss it correctly - welded to the third member to help cut out deformation and ring gear deflection, full case locker, 30 spline inners and outers, CTM's, good brakes and steering. The weak link is going to be the balljoints, but there are some good upgraded balljoints available now.

I'm so confident in such a setup that we are going to race King of the Hammers on a built dana 30 - while I have a pair of built and ready to go dana 60's sitting in the garage that we are not going to touch.

Really? that sorta sucks! I was hoping to buy :patriot:.

Yeah I can understand that.. but that's where the good chromoly is coming from these days. ;)

I've made a study of it. I'm pretty positive Ten Factory are the best shafts for the buck available, and they go waay above and beyond on the warranty.

Yeah I can understand that.. but that's where the good chromoly is coming from these days. ;)

I've made a study of it. I'm pretty positive Ten Factory are the best shafts for the buck available, and they go waay above and beyond on the warranty.

Care to share that data? I'd be interested.

10 years is a pretty good warranty as long as there are no tire size limitations. Do other companies require proof of how the jeep looks or something? How would they know you had a larger than say a 32" tire on their shafts.

10 years is a pretty good warranty as long as there are no tire size limitations. Do other companies require proof of how the jeep looks or something? How would they know you had a larger than say a 32" tire on their shafts.

The last time I broke a ten factory shaft (37's, stroker, atlas, dana 44..) I texted my sales rep that I broke a drivers inner. He mailed me one.

No questions, no pictures.

Its not about the theoretical limitations, its about taking a month to get your part, getting the run around, etc. When Alloy-USA closed down (its a very long story what happened) and was bought by Omix, the old owner started Ten Factory. Wanting to stand by his products, Ten Factory honors all Alloy-USA warranty's on parts sold while he owned the company out of his Ten Factory inventory. About 5 years ago a Naxja member was in Moab, his wheel studs backed out of his axles and destroyed his brakes along with the studs. Alloy-USA overnighted all of the parts required to fix his jeep to him in moab no questions, and told him to call after his vacation to straiten out the details and see if he may owe anything for the extra parts.

That's the kind of quality I am talking about.

Last edited:
I've made a study of it.

Care to share that data? I'd be interested.

The last time I broke a ten factory shaft (37's, stroker, atlas, dana 44..) I texted my sales rep that I broke a drivers inner. He mailed me one.

Its not about the theoretical limitations, its about taking a month to get your part, getting the run around, etc. When Alloy-USA closed down (its a very long story what happened) and was bought by Omix, the old owner started Ten Factory. Wanting to stand by his products, Ten Factory honors all Alloy-USA warranty's on parts sold while he owned the company out of his Ten Factory inventory. About 5 years ago a Naxja member was in Moab, his wheel studs backed out of his axles and destroyed his brakes along with the studs. Alloy-USA overnighted all of the parts required to fix his jeep to him in moab no questions, and told him to call after his vacation to straiten out the details and see if he may owe anything for the extra parts.

Is that your study?

Is that your study?

No. I was responding to someone else and not you. ;)

Not that I was ignoring you, I actually overlooked your post. I don't have any written notes to give you, and really don't feel like its worth my time or yours for me to ramble about it. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just really busy right now and would probably spend 4+ hours trying to pull my thoughts together and find hard data to back them up.

Take what I say at face value on this one, or don't. :)

No. I was responding to someone else and not you. ;)

Not that I was ignoring you, I actually overlooked your post. I don't have any written notes to give you, and really don't feel like its worth my time or yours for me to ramble about it. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just really busy right now and would probably spend 4+ hours trying to pull my thoughts together and find hard data to back them up.

Take what I say at face value on this one, or don't. :)

Cool. I understand. Its def not worth that much time. Thanks anyway. Neither of us are trying to be asses. I appreciate your reply.

Back