• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brakes

Mac tools makes a vacuum bleeder, runs off of compressed air / air hose. Slip a rubber hose fitting over the bleeder, crack it open with the vacuum running, keep the MC reservoir filled and Voila! it sucks the air & old fluid out.

Not cheap, but think about what your time to date was worth & your probable time spent in the future.

Mac tools makes a vacuum bleeder, runs off of compressed air / air hose. Slip a rubber hose fitting over the bleeder, crack it open with the vacuum running, keep the MC reservoir filled and Voila! it sucks the air & old fluid out.

Not cheap, but think about what your time to date was worth & your probable time spent in the future.

You can also use an inexpensive mity-vac to bleed the brakes. If i remember right I paid about $45 for mine

I personally hate vac bleeders because every time I have tried to use them they always ended up sucking air from around the bleeder valve. Even with pipe tape on the. I have had good luck with a home made pressure bleeder

I have a vac bleeder. It's hard to tell if it works because of the tube diameter, the fluid sort of trickles out.

The calipers are designed such that taking them off necessitates removing the WHOLE thing, those sliding bolts are impossible to remove....then retracting the spiral pistons is impossible without the bleeder open.

I just did a brake job on a ford Taurus with similar designed calipers, but smaller than what you have. The piston was a bit hard to start, but once started it retracted fine w/o opening the bleeder valve. Also, the notches in the piston must be indexed so that it mates up with a bump on the back of the pad.

I personally hate vac bleeders because every time I have tried to use them they always ended up sucking air from around the bleeder valve. Even with pipe tape on the. I have had good luck with a home made pressure bleeder

Russell Speed Bleeders will eliminate air from around the threads. In the past I would use two quarts of brake fluid or more and still see bubbles in the bleeder hose. Since I have install the Russell Speed Bleeders, I can bleed an empty system with less than a quart.

Back