• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPI Fab front bumper

bgcntry72 said:
How do you recommend buying something that isn't sold anymore?
Have a nice day, rethinking your post.
:shhh:

Well the BPI bumpers are still the same even though sold by PS. I guess I am saying I still think they are worth getting even if through PS. Probably shouldn't advertise for BPI fab anymore ;)

Last edited:
GAdawg said:
No one I've seen yet has the grill gaurd for the front
I've got it ;):

IMG_4702.jpg

It's my understanding that PS versions of the BPI bumper come with something similar that is permanately attached and it also includes a steering box brace.

fatwreck said:
I've got it ;):

It's my understanding that PS versions of the BPI bumper come with something similar that is permanately attached and it also includes a steering box brace.

Very nice :D Hopefully mine will look just like that in a few weeks. I talked to Tim about a week ago and he said that they were going to make the bumpers the same as they always have for PS. Maybe that changed or maybe they will offer both. Integrating a steering box brace on a bumper sounds wierd to me.

The steering box brace is simply (AFAIK) accomplished by keeping the bumper mounting plate tall enough to allow use of the 3 steering box bolts to pass through. This way, you distribute and absorb a lot of the steering box torque through that plate into a wider area of the frame. C-Rok sells a separate unit that incorporates a plate spacer for between the frame and steering box (on the inside of the frame).

-Rich

the JKS (MORE) SBS system has been shown welded to bumper mounts. it only makes sense to integrate the reinforcement. either your bumper mounts over the system or you cut they SBS and weld it over the bumper brackets. point is: the SBS systems, JKS and C-ROK both occupy the same place the bumper mounts, so why not just extend the bumper mounts back to serve both functions? RIGIDCO did, and I just ordered one.

i bought my front bumper for $320.00, winch bumper. by the time i saved up enough cash for the rear bumper, the price was through the roof,over $500.00. i am glad i got it while the gettin was good. the bumper is awsome! you wont be dissapointed. dont waste your money on powdercoating. just paint it yourself. when you scratch it, you can touch it up with a rattlecan. you cant touch up powdercoating.

Back