• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boxer scolds Brigader General for calling her "ma'am"

Really?

Why is this making headlines? :rolleyes:

Thanks fox news.

Hey, there's not enough room on Obama's wang for everyone to jump on.

It's making news because it's a Democrat having an ego trip.

actually, he's right, thats not newsworthy, its daily life.

Both of my drill sgt's were x-rangers so they came up with interesting ways to torture us.
The Inverted Koala: Two guys line up to the right and left of you. They each grab you by one arm and one leg and flip you upside down and stick you onto the nearest tree upside down. There you remain until your arms and legs give out and you slide down onto your face.

Even if you don't live in CA, I'd encourage writing to Boxer to let her know how you feel about her behavior. I sent an email as soon as this made the news.

Why is it important? On the surface, she was very disrespectful to the Army Brig. Gen. who actually did work hard to achieve his status. She was elected to her position. There’s a big difference. She is charged with serving at the will of the people, not for her own pleasure.

What’s more important about her behavior is it reveals the mindset of most of our politicians today, and self importance is at the forefront. Elected officials are loaned their authority by the citizens of this country. Rather than honor the constituency, they have turned this around and expect to be honored. Rather than do the will of the people, their priorities are about getting reelected to maintain power, enjoy unreasonable and unnecessary perks, make backroom deals that profit them, and other acts that dishonor the American people and disrespect our Constitution. They’re completely out of touch and we need to put them out of office pronto.

Even if you don't live in CA, I'd encourage writing to Boxer to let her know how you feel about her behavior. I sent an email as soon as this made the news.

Why is it important? On the surface, she was very disrespectful to the Army Brig. Gen. who actually did work hard to achieve his status. She was elected to her position. There’s a big difference. She is charged with serving at the will of the people, not for her own pleasure.

What’s more important about her behavior is it reveals the mindset of most of our politicians today, and self importance is at the forefront. Elected officials are loaned their authority by the citizens of this country. Rather than honor the constituency, they have turned this around and expect to be honored. Rather than do the will of the people, their priorities are about getting reelected to maintain power, enjoy unreasonable and unnecessary perks, make backroom deals that profit them, and other acts that dishonor the American people and disrespect our Constitution. They’re completely out of touch and we need to put them out of office pronto.

X2, well said.

Response I got:

Dear Mr. V******:
Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent Senate hearing with Brigadier General Michael Walsh. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter.

Shortly after the hearing, I called General Walsh, and we had a friendly and productive conversation. We expressed our respect for one another and our determination to work together to protect our nation and communities from natural disasters.

Thank you again for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Yeah, today I received an email with the same message. I considered sending a reply stating her response is inadequate. I still may do it.

Response I got:

Dear Mr. V******:
Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent Senate hearing with Brigadier General Michael Walsh. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter.

Shortly after the hearing, I called General Walsh, and we had a friendly and productive conversation. We expressed our respect for one another and our determination to work together to protect our nation and communities from natural disasters.

Thank you again for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

It's a good thing it was over the phone, it's not a nice thing to see a Brigadier General throw up in disgust.... what did natural disasters have to do with it, she's an 'elected disaster', does that count...

She remains a national disaster as well.

The response is inadaquate and lame as well as insulting. She should be fired.

I vote against her every chance I get

Back