• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boston/North Shore Dyno

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
Anyone in Boston/North of Boston area know a good place to get my XJ dynoed? I want to see roughly how much I'm missing from stock so I know how much work I have to do to get it running tip top.

Thanks!

I walk past the one we have at work in Woburn every day, but unfortunately it's for company vehicle testing only, can't dyno my stuff or anyone else's on it :(

I believe ECS has a dyno but they are down in CT. There is probably something closer, but I am not aware of it.

Edit: Kaizen Tuning in boxborough is the highest rated one I see on yelp.

Yeah I saw that too but was hoping for something closer =( Woburn would be perfect as I'm about 15 minutes away sucks no one can use it though

save your money.. if its a totally stock rig run the regular diagnostics like compression, leak-down, etc on it.
do you think there is substantial power loss from mechanical wear? those tests will show you weak spots.
clogged cats, worn plugs, old oil, and poor gearing are what make a 4.0L feel like a dog. if it's not rattling like a can of marbles it's probably fine internally.

I don't think there is substantial power loss anywhere it feels faster than my mustang which had similar specs which leads me to believe there is almost no power loss after 16 years which is why I want to check it. It seems like it hasn't lost ANYTHING and it's been poorly taken care of by the PO. Just really strange.

Pretty normal. I treated a 4.0 horribly after it blew a 1/2" gap in the HG between two bores and pulled it a year later with over 200k miles on it, and the crosshatching was still visible on 90% of the bores. Ran it quarts low on oil, a gallon low on coolant, banged it off the limiter, pig rich due to misfiring on 2 holes for 10k miles, you name it.

Back