• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bikes....

Yep. He was inside another guy on the turn when said other guy (VERY inexperienced) turned almost directly into him causing him to have to crush both front and rear brakes. The bike started to low side and he tried to correct it but the nose dipped and he went ass over head. Concussion, broken collarbone and two broken ribs. The bike, starting on the inside part of the track ended up about 20 feet into the dirt (mud) on the opposite side.

This was all on a "free-ride" track day and no competititive/aggressive driving allowed.

ya free rides suck cuz you have no idea who you are riding with.

miss the track some days, but most of the time i dont- just as many idiots as on the streets

ya free rides suck cuz you have no idea who you are riding with.

miss the track some days, but most of the time i dont- just as many idiots as on the streets

True but ya don't have to keep on the lookout for grandma in the yacht doing 90 and can't see over the steering wheel all the while, trying to figure out how to turn off her windshield wipers...oh and she's been driving for the last five miles in the fast lane with her right turn signal on. :looney:

hahahaha isnt THAT the truth!

just saw you live in CO too. so i KNOW you know whats up with horrible drivers here. its a good part of the reason i got off the streets for a few years....

damn i can't wait until i get a bike. hopefully this summer or next, this thread is making me want one so bad.

ya i did that today. traffic here is definitely NOT like traffic in NV. and people here dont ride like westerners lol....
but its all good i am super noob status on this bike right now. hoping to get after it soon and get used to how this thing acts... last "street" bike was an 04cbr1kRR
3fdcd8e4.jpg

Try different triples. If you can get some different triples to work up front you can run other forks.
IE
You want R1 wheel and brakes- try r1 triples. If those work slide in the forks and bam, wheel is in

thanks man, i never even thought of changing out the entire fork. my thinking was more on the lines of machining new hubs and stuff.

your suggestion is a much better idea!

Ya will allow for better forks and brakes. So be a better upgrade. Give you a performance feel in front end but on a more comfortable bike. :thumbup:

My Suzuki VL800

6ba64ea8.jpg

the old race bike.

biikes011.jpg

black and white emo pic the ex girlfriend took

angela1.jpg

i really want it back

52bce059.jpg

5f983382.jpg

my 03 R6 with one tooth down in the front and an Old M4 exhaust, i've been down once on th street, almost...a few times :D

Then my pit bike i got for learning wheelies...still trying lol

Those R6's are the new stunt bike of choice

R6texj. Just remember: good brake control beats good throttle control any day when it comes to wheelies. Especially on that r6. Those clutch up real smooth.

Those R6's are the new stunt bike of choice

R6texj. Just remember: good brake control beats good throttle control any day when it comes to wheelies. Especially on that r6. Those clutch up real smooth.

balance point balance point balance point, once you find that your all set. i dont think i could stunt my bike, i just cant see tearing all the plastics off and beating the tank up. then i wont have a highway bike. I am going to get a racing 905 cage for mine though.

Ya in a way I miss my streetfighter, turned out clipons, bashed tank, ridiculous gearing and 12-bar.

But I dont miss beating on my bike like that. Fun as shit to ride but the bike needed work quite often.

I like my tygershark street cage. Offers good protection but sits super close to the plastics. I catch footpeg just before the cage drags, so I can toss it in a corner every now and then.
But I will definitely be puttin another hand brake with dual rear calipers for sure. Such a great mod. :thumbup:

52bce059.jpg

5f983382.jpg

my 03 R6 with one tooth down in the front and an Old M4 exhaust, i've been down once on th street, almost...a few times :D

Then my pit bike i got for learning wheelies...still trying lol

Love the look of these. Almost picked up a raven edition a few years back.

This is my previous bike:

SANY0872.JPG

At the time, I was riding in the 10 'n 10 long distance rally. Cycle World magazine had a write up about the rally here: http://bit.ly/gNEFG6

The Dl650 is still in my garage, but is actually owned by a gentleman from Belgium. This is my "new" bike:

DSCI0028-1.JPG

This is in Death Valley Christmas Day this year, at about 6500'. Snow + motorcycle = scary a** sh*t. Almost the same bike, but the DL1000 has a bigger motor that is much different than the 650. Better on the highway and gravel roads, worse for commuting.

Finally, here is my 'other' bike:

DSCI0006.JPG

Custom Co-Motion Nor'Wester with mix of high-end Campy and Shimano components, hand built wheels, Ti seat post, and CF Seat (the only CF on the bike). Very comfortable for Century rides.

How do you like the Vstrom?
I demo'd one when I worked at the bike shop. Felt kinda top heavy for dirt stuff but was fun to poke around in town. Curious how ya feel a out it considering you have more seat time than the few hours I have on one. :D

Back