• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bikes....

that 6 cyl honda is nuts

Well, if a Honda 6 cylinder is nuts, then a Honda 8 cylinder is insane....

I witnessed Russ Collins run the record 200 MPH in the 1/4 mile at Ontario Motor Speedway.... most of it with the front wheel in the air.

russcollins.jpg

He built it for fun. Sure it's cool "RC" broke some records, just thought I'd share something else unique. You are comparing apples and oranges there.

I mean, my motorcycle mechanic ran a best 7.64 @ 179 (w/ no bar) in '96 for IDBA in the Top Gas class and won it. That's old tech now, but so is that Honda.

Still weak sauce... Russ ran 200 MPH in the 70's.. yes, old tech Honda with advanced "old-school" engineering, RC held the Top Fuel record for a very long time. Imagine what the Sorcerer would be like in 1996 or today for that matter with modern technology. The PC wasn't even around in 1977...

need to filler up with nitro if he wants to go fast like Russ...

A very good friend of the family still has one of those cbx's. It's nuts.

Still weak sauce... Russ ran 200 MPH in the 70's.

Lah dee freakin' dah. Cool and all but I'm pretty sure we were just checking out some cool bikes in this thread no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Note: V-12 and the no-bar bike are unrelated, in case there was confusion.

The PC wasn't even around in 1977...
If you mean personal computer, then yes it was.

Hell, I just posted up a pic of what I ride sometimes. It's an old shool superbike, totally stock. Didn't expect this thread to turn into a pissing contest about who went faster on what . . .

my bike can beat up your bike

I'm reminded of some T-shirts I saw back in the day when BMW's were all flat twins and few other bikes had driveshafts....

"It's hard to be humble with a shaft like mine" on the guy, and on his partner,

"It's all about the jugs."

Hell, I just posted up a pic of what I ride sometimes. It's an old shool superbike, totally stock. Didn't expect this thread to turn into a pissing contest about who went faster on what . . .

I know, I get a kick out of all of it. :wave1: Just sharing cool bikes.

My chin fairing came in yesterday. Installed last night. Rear seat delete arrives today.

221757_10100152588298712_9120626_49069899_5864134_n.jpg

More plastic! (And another cell phone picture)

IMAG0061.jpg

Nice to see you took the pass "oh shit" handle off too. Haven't been on here much since picking up my new girl.

IMG_20110701_171328.jpg

Back