• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BIG BEAR RUN - DEC 11th @ 8:30 am

RisingSun said:
:mad: I can't make it..... My son has Christmas party for the U.S. Navy Sea Cadets, that they are doing after their drill Saturday, I tryed to get my wife to pick him up after drill and go to the party..... but they are planning on having an award ceremony so now I have to go....

Maybe on the next one...

Scott S.

No problem. Family is far more important. Hopefully we can meet up on a run in Jan.

Happy Holidays!

Robert

skrracing said:
I think we will have around 6 more jeeps. This is going to be a great run looks like by the weather. see you guys there. Later...Clint

Excellent! The weather is going to be really nice. Temps in the 60's! Lot's of mud!

See you on Saturday!

Robert

How many stock guys are going to be there? I have a "cousin in-law" that wants to try a little off roading in his Yukon! :rolleyes: I'm afraid this will be the end of my fun as I will have to take him somewhere that the Yukon will actually make it. :cry:

Anyway we are going to show up, and if there is a group of stock jeeps or some other oversized street vehicles that can split off for the tame stuff, then maybe it won't be so bad. But here I thought I was going to go have some fun. I can't believe my wife opened her mouth. :doh:

jjmat3 said:
Leave the Yukon parked at the Discovery center and let him ride along.

I agree. My wife wants to take her Tahoe but not on this trip. There are plenty of wider trails you can take him on later. I would tell him to park the Yukon and ride along to get a feel for the trails. Some of the trails in BB have some narrow areas that a large vehicle could/would get scratched/bent/damaged.

Don't let it stop you from having fun!

See everyone tomorrow!

Robert

Sorry guys can make it :mad: Have a good one tomorrow. :sunshine:

karstic said:
Sorry guys can make it :mad: Have a good one tomorrow. :sunshine:

Sorry to hear it. something changes, you know where we will be.

We will see on the trail soon.

Happy Holidays!

Robert

skrracing said:
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I ready to go right now. See you guys in the morning. Later...Clint

Me too... I tried to talk my wife in us going up tonight and getting a cabin, but she wants to wait until the morning. That's OK, we save the $$$.

See everyone in the morning!!!

BTW, if you are in OC and are going to meet at the Cheveron off of the 91 & Green River, please be there no later than 6:45. Also, let me know so we will know how many/who is meeting there.

Robert

Hey Robert, I have to pick up a buddy at 6:30. So don't wait for us at Green River. We'll just see you at the Disco Center at 8:30

OK.

Anybody else planning on meeting at the Cheveron?

I will be stopping there to fuel up and grab food for the day.

I will be leaving there at 6:45.

See everyone tomorrow!

Robert

Actually, I will NOT be at the Cheveron. I will meet everyone at the Discovery Center around 8:00. I want to depart the DC at 8:30.

I think we are going to try Gold Mountain first.

We will decide in the morning.

Robert

Great run Robert, it was very cool meeting all you guys and we had a blast today. I will get some pictures up soon but just wanted to say i had a great time and a lot of fun out on the trail. Later...Clint

Group getting ready to go.
GMxjgroup.jpg

John (jjmat3) cruising through Gold Mtn. rock garden.
GMjjxj.jpg

Rob down in the rock garden, Beautiful day!
GMRobxj.jpg

Great, Fun, Relaxing run on an awesome day up in Big Bear! Thanks Robert for putting it together. That has got to be the greatest mix of 4wd vehicles I have ever seen on a run. XJ's, Toyota PU's, Full size Diesel Ram PU, YJ, Old GMC Jimmy, etc. out wheeling in the Big Bear mtn's, what more could you ask for?! Nada!
John

Well, we had 20+ vehicles in the Discovery Center parking lot. One group going to Gold Mountain and another going further up the road to do John Bull. When we got to the turnoff for Gold Mountain, just about everyone pulled off. So there were only 6 of us going to John Bull.

We had my XJ, a ZJ, a camo KJ, a YJ, a TJ and a Rubicon on 35s. So quite the gamut of Jeeps.

When we got to the first obstacle, someone suggested that we stagger the Jeeps so that there was a winch on every other vehicle. That's when we discovered that all 6 of us had winches. :D But there was only two occasions when the remotes had to come out all day.

We ran into a lot of deep powder that had not been driven in since the last snowfall. That proved to be one of the biggest challenges.

The Outlaw ZJ and the Rubicon did very well. And I have to say, the Libby surprised us all. Overall, it was a beautiful day. All I can say is, thank God for rock rails and diff guards.

Thanks Robert for organizing the run. And thanks for the shirt Clint.

jjmat3 said:
Your post is worthless w/out some pics!
No...I'm worthless. I'm an Asian without a camera.

But seriously, I don't think there were many pictures being taken.

WOW! is about all I can say. Thanks to everyone for showing up. I am sorry I did not get to meet and wheel with you all. I will post a run report for Gold Mtn. Maybe Johnny can post a few more details and find some pics for the John Bull group.

We need to do this again very soon! Maybe we can get something together in Feb.?

Who know's, we may add a "new" Jeep to the family...My wife really enjoyed herself today, especially when she was driving. Now she wants a CJ or Wrangler to build up a little. I will keep you guys posted.

I will post the few pics I have. If you have some you want posted, please let me know or just send them ([email protected]).

Look for the posts tomorrow!

Robert

Back