• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BIG BEAR RUN - DEC 11th @ 8:30 am

rpraterxj said:
I have heard that we can run GM over to Holcomb. I am up for anything. But like I have been saying, I don't know the trails. If you or someone else knows GM, let's do it.

You want to meet at the gas station off of the 91 again? Say, 6:15 - leave at 6:30 to be at Discovery Center around 8:00 am?

Robert

I wanna go :-D

""Makes list of things to do""
Front Tow Points
Fire Extinguisher
Tow Strap
First Aid Kit

That should do it :-D

This will be my first run... be gentle :-D

No worries..... there are plenty of people going. I am sure you can get spotted at anytime you may need. I had to get spotted a couple of times 2 weeks ago.

I am still a newbie with the XJ as well. I ran it for the frrst time 2 weeks ago up there. I have a 2000 w/ RE 3.5" lift, 31's, open diffs.

There were no problems last time, except one flat tire and a crushed plastic center cap on a factory steelie wheel.

See you on the 11th!

Robert

rpraterxj said:
No worries..... there are plenty of people going. I am sure you can get spotted at anytime you may need. I had to get spotted a couple of times 2 weeks ago.

I am still a newbie with the XJ as well. I ran it for the frrst time 2 weeks ago up there. I have a 2000 w/ RE 3.5" lift, 31's, open diffs.

There were no problems last time, except one flat tire and a crushed plastic center cap on a factory steelie wheel.

See you on the 11th!

Robert

91 Laredo 4.5" lift, 31's, open....

wish i had my rock rails, but I don't... hmmmmm

You should not have any problems. Rock rails would be nice. I have a set of Rocky Road Outfitters on mine that I bough used. Luckily I did not land on mine any last time.

I am not 100% sure on the trails we are going to run. A few "new" ones have been mentioned - Gold Mountain, Holcomb Creek, and a few more. Not sure if we will attempt John Bull or not. I have mixed responses from the peopel that are going. I figure we can all discuss it Sat. morning at the discovery center.

Do you have rails, just not installed? There was somebody selling a set on SOCALXJ a couple of days ago.

RP

rpraterxj said:
You should not have any problems. Rock rails would be nice. I have a set of Rocky Road Outfitters on mine that I bough used. Luckily I did not land on mine any last time.

I am not 100% sure on the trails we are going to run. A few "new" ones have been mentioned - Gold Mountain, Holcomb Creek, and a few more. Not sure if we will attempt John Bull or not. I have mixed responses from the peopel that are going. I figure we can all discuss it Sat. morning at the discovery center.

Do you have rails, just not installed? There was somebody selling a set on SOCALXJ a couple of days ago.

RP

JEEP
Just Empty Every Pocket!!!

they mean that literally... grrrr

Still savin for them

If you guys want...we could maybe do Gold Mountain first to get everyones feet wet and then if guys are up for it do John Bull as well. If we do it that way everyone will get to do a fun trail and then pass up John Bull if they are not up for it yet. By the way. I want to help motivate some more guys to come out and make this run. I will give a new Camp Jeep CA Trail Guide t-shirt to the first 10 guys that show up for this event. Hey ...Big Bear, off road trip, fun out on the trail...You guys cant pass this up. it sure beats sitting at home on Sat watching the Brady Bunch marathon. See you guys there. later...Clint

Clint

Sounds like a good plan. I've run John Bull and the Holcomb run a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to check Gold Mountain off the list.

Thanks fo rthe boost of encouragement. The trail selection sounds fine. If there are not many takers on John Bull, maybe the group could split and run Holcomb & JB. Just another idea. We can make the decision once everyone gets to the discovery center.

I would like to see more people responding to runs as well. I know of about 10 confirmed rigs right now. I am coming up and bringing a friend from work, he has a lifted WJ. I have also posted the run on another list I am a part of and I have 2 guys confirmed from there.

I am meeting 3 or 4 guys early and we will convoy up the mountain.

You may want to bring a couple extra shirts......BTW, I wear an X-large!!! :laugh3:

Robert

Hey everyone... ill tag along on this run and bring a few rigs if ya'll dont mind :)
Our club was suppossed to run Holcomb next weekend but it fell through so this is a great chance. We've ran GM and JB a couple times but never Holcomb, so we're up for it. I know there is interest from another board Myjeeprocks.com they were gonna join our club but since it got canceled im sure they would like to join this run. If the group does get to big im sure we could brake out into groups so there would be less traffic on the trail.
Ill be bringing my 2XJ's and 2 TJ's and whoever else comes from MJR.
Looking forward to it.

Bring 'em all..... If the group gets to big, we can always split up and run the trails opposite of each other - one run JB while the other runs Gold Mountain or Holcomb Creek.

I've been keeping tabs on this one.My buddies and are planning to get up there that same day.We'd really like to meet up with you guys.We have 5 XJ's and a couple of "short jeeps".Hope to see yall up there!

Bring 'em. We should have a good turn out.

***EVERYONE- PLEASE BE AT THE BIG BEAR DISCOVERY CENTER BY 8:30 AM***** We will depart at 8:30 and hit the trails. You can disconnect and air-down at the DC or at the trail.

There will probably be some snow on the trails. This may play a factor in the trail choice, but we will ahve to see what type of vehicles and how many. It looks like we have around 15 rigs confirmed now!

Thanks Again,

ROBERT

Man, after that snow i'm thinking I may need to get my ass up that hill and go play around.

This should be interesting... Any clue exactly how much snow BB got in the last 24hrs.

-Scott

I just saw the 11:00 news. BB has 28 to 36 inches of white stuff!!!!

There is a chance for more next Sunday evening/Monday morning!

RP

I am interested in going. I have a 99 xj under construction. I will driving my 93 toyota. Let me know the details. I have been on several trails in Big Bear and know them pretty well.

This run is open to any vehicle, it does not have to be an XJ (this time, :laugh3: )

The details for requirements were posted at the begining of this thread, but here they are again:

Required Equipment:
Solid recovery points front and rear (tow hooks, shackles/d-rings, receivers), first aid kit, fire extinguisher, snatch strap (no chains, no strap with metal hooks), full size spare tire and all necessary hardware.

Meeting Place:
Big Bear Discovery Center (http://www.bigbear.info/), 8:00 AM - departing at 8:30 sahrp.

Planned trails for Saturday:
Holcomb Creek (3N93) running West to East, enter Holcomb via alternate route 2N06X.

MAYBE RUN:

John Bull (3N10) running East to West, bypass (via 3N16) available for those who choose not to run it.

CB Channel:
Primary, 4; alternate, 14

Trail Leader, Saturday:
Robert Prater (rpratexj) - Inless someone else wants to lead.

Notes:
You may to want to get a Forest Adventure Pass, otherwise you may risk getting a ticket. You can buy them in most sporting goods stores or directly from the Big Bear Discovery center, their website is http://www.bigbear.info/

hey gang,

I got some bad news, I was told today that I have to work on the 11th. I tried my best to get out of it, but no joy. SO, I want the run to continue without me. I need someone to "take charge" and lead a few runs. There are several people showing from all over. I believe there is about 17 confirmed. Anyways, have a great run.

Now the good news, I will be starting a new post for a similar run this Saturday. Same meeting time and place. Take a look and come join us. I already have a couple of people from SD.

Thanks,

Robert

I am willing to do this Robert. it is not a problem for me and I know the trails very well. I am going to be there same a before...Let me know if this will work for you. I have some other frineds that are coming out for this run as well and they are also willing to help out. We have run a lot of runs before and it will not be a problem at all. Later...clint

Back