• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear on the 3rd?

Kejtar said:

Man... Now I'm annoyed I couldn't make it; looks like it was a good run. Got called into work yesterday, and I'm back there again today. Oh well. Happy 4th, folks.

karstic said:
FUN, FUN, FUN

We had a great time. I'm glad I put on the rock rails last night. I haven't been under the Jeep yet to see how much rock rash I have but when I hooked up the front sway bar I noticed I flowered the the passenger side LCA mount pretty good. I don't think I did too bad for my first "black diamond" run. How was the Holcumb run?

Holcomb was fun; it’s more picturesque with all the green trees and water, wish you guys could have made it. You did great on Jon Bull. Randy used the excused he put a hole in his side wall to get out of his XJ for some quit time. Tim can be the lead dog anytime he found some cool trails I never been on and with a little more seat time on the GPS, who knows. Remi bother in law looked like an old pro driving on the trail plus this gave him some time for pictures and the opportunity to view his suspension for minor tuning. Matt just shouldn’t listen to me; he’s getting a crouse in body repair. :rof:

-- Dean --

Last edited:
Wooden C-clip for a d-35 W/33's and a Detroit.

T Bent said:
Wooden C-clip for a d-35 W/33's and a Detroit.

I thought so, I'm suprised the force of the wheel didn't break that outer branch. So the wheel is actually turn in the branch?

I would also think there would be a lot of heat rubbing on the wood there, that might ignite a flame. Probobly not enough to start one though. But I'm sure it would be pretty warm!

This is right up there with that one Jeep that had a tree branch AS a wheel. Any other good ideas for this problem? LOL (besides carrying a spare, duh)

This, coming from someone who has c-clips.

mikedashg said:
I thought so, I'm suprised the force of the wheel didn't break that outer branch. So the wheel is actually turn in the branch?

I would also think there would be a lot of heat rubbing on the wood there, that might ignite a flame. Probobly not enough to start one though. But I'm sure it would be pretty warm!

There was guy walking next to it watching it and pushing it in if needed. The branches acted as a "harness" which allowed the wheel to go out a bit if needed but it would not let it go too far out.

Sooooo...is carrying an extra C-clip a good idea or what? :lecture:
Some time back I asked around to see what some of the hard core
wheelers carried with them when they head out for some carnage....
I laughed at some of the redundency..but now....you should see
all the crap I carry..
And after Ryan Brown needed a fuse I didn't carry...I now haul my 'electrical box' with me when I go out...
(but I still don't carry a high-lift , everyone has one!)
Rick R

Me and my GF ran holcomb creek on sunday with the SD4Wheelers and ran goldmountain monday with 2 friends in a YJ. It was my GFs 1st time doing chalenging driving off road and she did real good. much better than me my 1st time. Next time I go to Big Bear I want to do Heartbreak ridge, did anyone run it this last weekend?

Diablito said:
. Next time I go to Big Bear I want to do Heartbreak ridge, did anyone run it this last weekend?
We might have. Never heard of it, but we might have.

:04of5:

Back