• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear on the 3rd?

karstic said:
Are those runs doable on 31's with stock gears and a 2-3" lift?
Yes, you should be fine. John Bull has a bypass if you choose to take it, but I think that with carefull spotting you can make it.

Last edited:
I'm going to try to make it, but as I'm on-call for work that weekend it's iffy. If I can be there, I will.

Just a reminder: we will be departing from the discovery center at 9am so lets be there the latest by 8:45 am, and also look for a group of XJ's as it looks like the SD 4wheelers have moved their trail departure area to the upper parking lot at the discovery center. Btw, I will be riding in a white 98XJ with cut rear quarter panels and a fugly rear bumper (it looks way unfinished) and drivers side tailight which is visibly GLUED and reglued plenty times (I should be there by 8:30)

Out of curiosity, is there a standard CB/FRS/ham channel/frequency you'll be using? I'm thinking that if I'm running behind it'd be nice to be able to see if I can't at least raise someone on the radio to try to play catch-up.

casm said:
Out of curiosity, is there a standard CB/FRS/ham channel/frequency you'll be using? I'm thinking that if I'm running behind it'd be nice to be able to see if I can't at least raise someone on the radio to try to play catch-up.

lets say channel 11 on CB.

Had a computer meltdown two weeks ago and just got back on-line today.
I will still be heading out to LCIR on the third...
Will be leaving from the water tank at 8:15 am ...
Sorry Remi...that I can't make it up to Big Bear....
Maybe soon though...
Rick

Sonia, the dog, and I will be there.

karstic said:
Sonia, the dog, and I will be there.

Karstic, what time you're leaving OC? I'll be leaving sometime around 7am or so.... you can gimme a call @ 714 612 0668 and we can meetup along the way on the freeway :D

Jump This said:
Had a computer meltdown two weeks ago and just got back on-line today.
I will still be heading out to LCIR on the third...
Will be leaving from the water tank at 8:15 am ...
Sorry Remi...that I can't make it up to Big Bear....
Maybe soon though...
Rick
I'll be there again in a week on Sunday (11th)

Kejtar said:
I'll be there again in a week on Sunday (11th)

It was FUN! Even though I let my brother in law do all the driving (with the exception of me driving up that one climb on John Bull, and then coming down in reverse to give Karstic a little tug).

FUN, FUN, FUN

We had a great time. I'm glad I put on the rock rails last night. I haven't been under the Jeep yet to see how much rock rash I have but when I hooked up the front sway bar I noticed I flowered the the passenger side LCA mount pretty good. I don't think I did too bad for my first "black diamond" run. How was the Holcumb run?

karstic said:
FUN, FUN, FUN

We had a great time. I'm glad I put on the rock rails last night. I haven't been under the Jeep yet to see how much rock rash I have but when I hooked up the front sway bar I noticed I flowered the the passenger side LCA mount pretty good. I don't think I did too bad for my first "black diamond" run. How was the Holcumb run?
Well, Matt got wee bit worried when the only thing between getting in touch with "nature" was a tree that bounced him back and whole bunch of us on other rockrail.... and lets see: it took us almost 2 hours to make it to Holocomb as Tim (btw, he's pretty much local) got lost plenty times (it wasn't bad cause we got to sightsee :D). Anyways after we followed Tim (who was Bent on using his gps and maps) we got to holocomb creek and we found out that Randy's passengers complained about broken makeup set and had some weird water spots on their jeans (supposedly from getting hit over the head with a water bottle?? although last words prior to that being noticed were "I can hold it"). Anyways all in all it was fun, too bad you had to leave early as you'd really have a blast on holocomb (way easier then John Bull).

Kejtar said:
and lets see: it took us almost 2 hours to make it to Holocomb as Tim (btw, he's pretty much local) got lost plenty times (it wasn't bad cause we got to sightsee :D). Anyways after we followed Tim (who was Bent on using his gps and maps) we got to holocomb creek.

WOW ! It seems like Remi might loose the W.W.R. handle/title..... :laugh3: Poor Tim....
It's too bad I couldn't make it up.....
See Ya'll down the trail......
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Xtreme XJ said:
Kejtar said:
and lets see: it took us almost 2 hours to make it to Holocomb as Tim (btw, he's pretty much local) got lost plenty times (it wasn't bad cause we got to sightsee :D). Anyways after we followed Tim (who was Bent on using his gps and maps) we got to holocomb creek.

WOW ! It seems like Remi might loose the W.W.R. handle/title..... :laugh3: Poor Tim....
It's too bad I couldn't make it up.....
See Ya'll down the trail......
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)
Yup!!

Back