• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place for light switches (Rockers)

I got one of these and they are Carling switches. It was exactly the same as the switch that came from ARB with their locker and compressor. Bought mine from quadratec with their TJ upper vent switch panel.

Did that work in your XJ? I've been seeing that vent switch panel in catalogs and always wonder.... I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

You have a pictures of it installed?

Since I dont want to pay $12 per switch what are they called at other places?

Waytek has Single Pole, Double Pole, Single throw, double throw switches, but I cant find any that are Single Pole, Single Throw, with dual lights.

OTRATTW sells the plain ARB style blue lens switch without labels for $10.25. They are called "V1D1J66B" switches. The rest of the part number is specific to the rocker that comes with the switch. If Waytek doesn't reference Carling part numbers, you'll have to go to the Carling website and look up the pdf file that explains what each digit in the "Carling Code" means. There are SO many variations of Carling switches available, a simple "Dual Lighted SPST" description just doesn't cut it.

This is why OTRATTW is a little more expensive, they sell the switch variations that off-roaders want and they make it easy for you to figure out what you need. They provide wiring diagrams, wiring support over the phone, and have even been known to throw in a free Carling rocker removal tool from time to time if it looks like you may end up needing one.

If I recall, when I checked Waytek I couldn't even find a switch that worked like the ARB switches. The might sell one, but I eventually gave up as they just don't make the information you need easily accessible.

Back