• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

I can attest to the price of building the black short bed MJ. I will be near 20k when I get it done counting the original cost I paid.

I have been talking to the owner of this Cheromanche for a couple days now. I can't build it for 10k so if I want this one it is a bargain to me. Of course we all know that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. This Jeep isn't for everyone but my buddy that sells cars claims their is an a$$ for every seat.... This would be a great mall crawling grocery getter to drive over to Starbucks for a Latte.....

Now since I have an MJ I need to get myself a black turtleneck and some high dollar coffee.... LOL

I can attest to the price of building the black short bed MJ. I will be near 20k when I get it done counting the original cost I paid.

Hi Jim! :wave1:

I see you found your way over here finally.

Jim bought my '90 Eliminator a couple years ago and is in the final stages of a nut & bolt full restoration........ it's gonna be one to envy!

A nice nut and bolt full restoration of a classc car such as a Chevette would really compliment any MJ owners garage or driveway .

Hi Jim! :wave1:

I see you found your way over here finally.

Jim bought my '90 Eliminator a couple years ago and is in the final stages of a nut & bolt full restoration........ it's gonna be one to envy!
That was a good starting point!

Welcome to the Colorado Chapter Jim!

Well....... I guess if you have a pair laying around not being used for their intended purpose....... re-purpose them! :laugh:

00808_4zdaNkYBYFl_600x450.jpg

An 8.25 not a d35...should command another $5k if it had a d44 the value would be immeasurable .

With an 8.25 AND ABS, it should have the elusive Jeep V-6, 4.0!!!!!!!!!!

No lockers, but a

-New Smittybilt 54" hi light jack

and 4 Zinc D-rings, because zinc is the metal of choice for stressed parts.

I've got a 90 that will out drive that thing, $20k to NAXJA peeps. :)

These are getting beyond ridiculous now. Another Davis XJ, $33,000, D30 and 8.25.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Jeep-C...508a99d4:g:2FkAAOSwA3dYUz4L&item=332063742420

Alright, looks like Davis is shill bidding their XJ's and not one bit surprising. The above XJ "sold" for $40k back in November. But then relisted over a month later in December to "sell" for $32k.

November listing, notice the 1 feedback bidder who raised the price from $5,600 to $40,000.

20170101115626-3b6b15eb.jpg

And again, 1 feedback bidder raising the price from $15,000 to $25,600.

20170101115624-b079ed9f.jpg

Those are just the obvious ones. Easily the highest bidders could be shill accounts as well, but used less frequently to look legitimate. Stuff like this really ticks me off because all it does is artificially increase the value of the rigs making it near impossible for folks like us to find something decent at a realistic price.

And then there is the question: "Why is this dumb **** posing his jeep in a high mountain lake? I haven't been on any trails that end in a lake."

Plus that awesome park-in-friggin-lake-stay-the-trail photo... what a tool.

Lol - Fred ... great minds

Back