• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best leafs....poll

which do you think is the best set of leafs?? and why.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just don't know about you National guys. I and a good friend of mine here in the midwest both spent large sums of cash on Nationals back when there weren't a million other spring makers for xj's and both packs SUCKED! They never gave as much lift as desired and sagged ever since. I finally replaced them when they were pretty much flat and I was running extra leaves and blocks. Just my experience with National. Jeff

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
I just don't know about you National guys. I and a good friend of mine here in the midwest both spent large sums of cash on Nationals back when there weren't a million other spring makers for xj's and both packs SUCKED! They never gave as much lift as desired and sagged ever since. I finally replaced them when they were pretty much flat and I was running extra leaves and blocks. Just my experience with National. Jeff

A friend of mine had the same problem. I think the problem is trying to order a custom set of springs & taking into account all the variables. Mine were the old ORGS packs that Hinkley developed with National. These things gave 6" lift when I installed them 7 years ago & never sagged. They also offered very balanced flex F/R & didn't require an antiwrap bar.
I did have 1 problem with them, a broken leaf. Still didn't have any axlewrap, I didn't even know it till I saw it while inspecting things.
Paul

Nationals.Cost a bit more, more time to break in, but they are the best leafs.
They have a very nice flex to them.

make your own pack. Its cheaper and you can tune them easily to get exactly what you want. one of my Xj's has an extra leaf on the pass side to make up for how it sat naturally. You can't do that with a store bought pack, unless you want to rip it all apart. Plus if you build it yerself you can run full length plastic sliders between the leafs for awesome flex and ride. Plus you got the cool factor of saying "yep, i built those babies myself". Try waggy leaves, S10 leaves, XJ leaves, etc. Lots of choices to tune it up the way you want to.

island xj

island xj, what setup do you run?? i thought about doin some s10 but couldnt find any at the junker i went to. you say that waggys work too? do they give lift or is it purely support for sag. i would think that would be the case of xj leafs

Any 2.5" wide leaf will fit and you can drill a center hole, just check out the thickness, arch, and length of the leaf. People commonly use S10, Dakota, and stock xj leaves, etc.

isuzu amigo or rodeo leafes would be wicked good with the xj main leaf.... my 89 amigo had *way* more flex than my xj.......

they are pretty thin, but still have some decent arch.

Back