• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

balancing tires with BBs or golf balls

Fergie said:
Well, it would take more than just damp air to make the sand cohesive enough to stand up to being thrown around in the tire.

Also, so what if it forms at the bottom? Again, it won't stick together for long once it starts a spinnin'.

Fergie

SPOBI........Everyone knows sand is as good as quikcrete............:laugh3:

How long does it take a BB to rust? anyone huh? huh?

I ran steel BB's for about a year before upgrading tires and BB's were still in great condition.

AND STAINLESS STEEL DONT RUST!!!

BUCKYXJ said:
How long does it take a BB to rust? anyone huh? huh?

I ran steel BB's for about a year before upgrading tires and BB's were still in great condition.

AND STAINLESS STEEL DONT RUST!!!

Really, every BB I've ever seen was a steel center coated with copper. The copper easily wears and the steel rusts if there is humidity in the the tire. Compressed air usually does.

Are you using BBs as in ball bearings from a bearing?

Here's proof that they rust
article_18_rust.jpg

actually sand really sucks... and i would assume anything with the properties of sand. whenever you stop it drops to the bottom of the tire and when you start driving again you get a rediculous shake till you hit about 30mph... it sucks, IMHO airsoft bb's sound like a great idea

BIGoffroadXJ said:
actually sand really sucks... and i would assume anything with the properties of sand. whenever you stop it drops to the bottom of the tire and when you start driving again you get a rediculous shake till you hit about 30mph... it sucks, IMHO airsoft bb's sound like a great idea
Everything drops to the bottom when you stop. Are you suggesting that you'll get a "rediculous shake" till you hit 30 only with sand and "anything with the properties of sand"?
Just curious. I've been considering loosing the weights myself.

K

they are "per package writing" stainless steel slingshot BB's but yeah they look more like ball bearings they are about a 3/8" in dia. and make an awsome sound when slowing to a stop when they hit my Blingin rims.

Back