• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja 1000 Chase Crew needed

This sounds exciting..

Sorry, I didn't call you mechanically uninclined... I was talking about myself. And even then it was mostly some self-deprecating humor :repair: I also know that there would much more knowledgeable mechanics on NAXJA than I :cheers:
I know that--my response wasn't because I was offended. Ask around, you can find out how terribly thin-skinned I am (NOT!!)

Carol

How about "I'm pretty mechanically inclined--for a girl!!" :eye::wave: Hahahahahahah

How many chase teams (trucks) you looking for? What are your plans for them (if more than one chase team, what area(s) you looking to have them cover)?

Two NAXJA teams would be AWESOME!
We can always use more. We have three designated chase trucks that are completely equipped for chase. We need more small remote pit/chase vehicles.

I need chase in Tres Hermonos at race mile 55 sitting on top of the hill looking down on the silt beds. (awesome place to spectate at the begining and the very end of the race)

We also will need a crew at the bottom of the Mikes loop. Race mile 450'ish

Ther will be other places. People will clear a race mile and then move on to the next race mile ect. ect.

It's an adventure for sure and everything is still preliminary untill the day before race day when our pit meating takes place.

I guaranty an unforgetable experiance. :cheers:

Eric

Last edited:
Oh man, count me in!!!

Ive never been to Baja before, but have a love for jeepspeed! I would love to help out and chase. I have a 4x4 XJ, with 4.5" R.E and some bells and whistles. I also have a fairly good knowledge of jeep mechanics (i have taken apart my XJ tooo many times). the only thing that i have to do is get my dana 30 re-geared to 4.56 so i can be 4x4, but that wont take long.

1241832981550.jpg

-John B.

If your serious keep me posted. I can always help you out with your gearing issue...

Eric

We can always use more. We have three designated chase trucks that are completely equipped for chase. We need more small remote pit/chase vehicles.

I need chase in Tres Hermonos at race mile 55 sitting on top of the hill looking down on the silt beds. (awesome place to spectate at the begining and the very end of the race)

Ther will be other places. People will clear a race mile and then move on to the next race mile ect. ect.

It's an adventure for sure and everything is still preliminary untill the day before race day when our pit meating takes place.

Eric

If Richard and I are in, you let me know how we need to be equipped and I'll make sure that we are.

Food of choice is tacos!!! 6ish, shrimp, and carne asada!! Oh, and there is a place that sells Micheladas right before getting into town that is off the hook!!

I'm about 80% sure I'm down for this. I would want a codriver but my rig is up to the task. Oh, and you need to supply carne asada burritos :D

I'm about 80% sure I'm down for this. I would want a codriver but my rig is up to the task. Oh, and you need to supply carne asada burritos :D
Chinese fire drill! Do you have 2 steering wheels? lol

Eric

PM coming. Does it matter I don't have my XJ anymore? Tony and I could be the Bronco support of your Jeepspeed team. :clap:

OK, Cal and I are in. PM me your number so we can talk and know what to bring.

Gotta beat those Pirate guys!!! :cheers:

Man i wish i could jump on this, i have always wanted to be a part of that....Maybe next year

If I could only get the days off work, I'd volunteer to be your co-driver John! :D But There's no way I could afford the time off. I wish I could just be there to see it.

John let me know what your status is. I've got a couple PM's from people that are solo and I want everyone to be in a minumun of 2-3 people teams.

This is gonna be awesome! I'm stoked to see this much interest.

Lets kick some Pirate ass!!

Eric

NAXJA vs Pirate. :D

We gotta kick their asses.

I assume there will be online tracking so folks can follow the race?

need to check with the Mrs, but I would be willing to be your co-driver :eyes:

Back