• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja 1000 Chase Crew needed

Quick Link for my Spot Tracker (these things are awesome) This just follows me on our pre-runs. We'll have the IRC tracking device in the race car.
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/gogl.jsp?glId=0NeMHYvpka5fMBMZDDFenWE0GZyt4nupY

IRC tracking Link
www.racetheworld.net

We pre-ran Ryan's first 80 miles today in his Cherokee. It's pretty brutal in a non race Jeep...

Tomorrow he'll pick up were we left off with his co-dog and end up in San Felipe for the night. then finish on Wed.

Myself and my co-dog will pre-run the beach section and Uropan section in the morning.

Eric

Eric, the plan is for Cal and I to be there Wed afternoon. Good luck with the pre-running.

Clarification: I think the street is called Adolfo Lopez Mateos.

Also, don't forget to enable International roaming on your cell phone!! On Verizon, Dial 611, keep choosing "more options" till you get a human being. They'll walk you thru it, it's easy & costs nothing to enable.

On Verizon in Baja it's 5c for incoming texts, 50c for outgoing texts, and 99c / min for phone calls. You have to dial 011-1-areacode-phonenumber to call the US, or 011-52-phonenumber to call a Mexico phone number.

You have to update your roaming capabilities on your phone after they set you up so it'll work

My cel is six19 65four 97.58, and I'll be heading down Thurs a.m. with MD11Fan, and meeting up with Tony (TCM GLX) en route.

Once you come into Ensenada, stay to your right and on the main road. Things will get colourful and kinda touristy.

Get in the left lane. A few stop lights later you will turn left on Club Rotario/Floresta. according to Google maps, it's just Floresta, a fairly wide street.
Go about a block up to Adolfo Lopez Mateos. Turn right on Adolfo Lopez Mateos. (at this point contingency will be about 1 block or so behind you)

Heading south east on Adolfo Lopez Mateo, go about 2-3 blocks (you will pass to schools. 1-high scholl and 1-junior high)
Right after the schools you will see a small blue taco joint called "Las Chispas"
Turn into the small driveway/alley at Las Chispas.

Our house is the single story house on the right.

If we're not there, you can go on in. There may be an older mexican gentlman named Armondo or younger man named Torro that will be there.

They wont ask any questions but if they do, just say your there for us.

Thanks again and we'll see you in Baja.

Text if you have any questions

Eric FIlar
951-377-9731

DSC_4331.jpg

DSC_4328.jpg

Eric,
We will be down there Thursdday mid day! Will keep an eye peeled for you at contingency so we can hook up !

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do...what about it???

I did the "staying home because of kid/s and family" quite enough over the years, and still do at times. I've paid my dues!

Thanks for clarifying the directions Carol, you were spot on.

Quick update:
Me and my co-driver Jeff Lessley pre-ran the beach section today. Awesome fast section for 90 miles.

Tomorrow we'll cover the Uropan section in the morning before the BFG meeting.

We heard Pirate4x4's Lance calling for help from Camo on the radio, but he could'nt hear us answer back. Still dont know what problem he was having or where he was exactly.

What a great day...

Ron and his co-dog Ryan Hunter ran the Borego bumps and Mikes loop. He say's its pretty f'd up...

Ryan Filarski and his c0-dog Ron Lessley ran from R/M 100 over the summet and are in San Felipe for the night partying at the Mirramar with Scott Hartman and his crew of Dust Junkies.

Last night pushing 3:30, having some Tortas
IMG01918.jpg

Erindera (sp?) section
IMG01929.jpg

909 and Rob (606) chasing us in Frank the Tank's Tank. Quick 2 pop stop pictured...
IMG01931.jpg

IMG01926.jpg

IMG01934.jpg

We got bombarded by kids who wanted autograph's from the Fly'n Filarski Bros.
So we gave each of them one of these
IMG01925.jpg
[/

Welp. I just packed a few changes of clothing, my PJ's and a buttload of tools.

This is officially on. Someone should let the race officials know I've green lighted it. ;)

Hahaha, ill send Sal a txt and let him know you said everythings a go.

Welp. I just packed a few changes of clothing, my PJ's and a buttload of tools.

This is officially on. Someone should let the race officials know I've green lighted it. ;)

OHHHHH

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! This time tomorrow, I'll be on the freeway headed down there!!!!!!!

:party::party::party::party:

And by this time tomorrow, we will be stopping at a little secret spot to pick up my favorite Micheladas!

Hey Erick, do you still need more people? I will be prerunning most of Thursday but will be available Friday/Sat. I tried to send a PM but I don't think it went through. I would rather be involved than be on the sidelines watching. Let me know. John 951)505-2407

Back