• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Awesome customer service.

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
A pet peeve of mine is businesses that don't think it's important to answer the phone. I get pretty steamed whenever I have to call a utility or cable/phone provider and have to wade through an electronic menu, provide various info, and wait and wait and wait to talk to a real person, just so I can give them the same info again.

The industry I work in(apartment/multi-family housing) is heading down this path too. Both my current and prior employer have quit fully staffing local offices and using regional call centers to pick up the slack. 'Works real well when a current resident is trying to talk to somebody at the property office, but at least you can talk to somebody that will tell you in person they don't know what you're talking about.

Today I got into(down to?)a whole new level. Trying to get info/order a part for my Barbie-Jeep, I called 2 companies repeatedly over the course of 4 hours and never got an answer. Not "Sorry, I don't know." but literally nobody answered the phone at either business..

I don't think there's any reason why both businesses would be closed today, as they're located in different states and according to these guys there's nothing real important going on today. (Although it seems Multiple Personality Day should get at least a weekend, maybe more,.. Anyway, back on track.)

Anybody else get a totally awesome customer service experience you want to share?

Back