• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attaching boxed rockers to frame

ouch, yeah i'm going to tie the a and b pillar to the frame, the same points will be attached to the frame so i think it should be good.

wound up doing something similar to randys, not sure how well it is going to hold up but time will tell. I still might add a third one.

dscn0947ro5.jpg

Looks pretty good, definitely better than nothing. Your box tube for your rockers hangs down more than mine does, so you're still not hanging any lower than your rockers. When I put in my rockers I actually had to beat the floor up about 1/2" just to meet the underside of the new box tube. If I add anything underneath to brace it would get rid of the clearance I just gained.

Any higher and it would be in my doors. I used 3x5 for it. The kickers are even with the bottom of the tube

dscn0944vm0.jpg

I wasn't going to originally use any frame braces, but now I think I should after looking at these pics. I was told welding solid to the sheetmetal would be enough.... I'm using 2x5, not 3x5... that looks kinda thick.

Ramsey said:
Any higher and it would be in my doors. I used 3x5 for it. The kickers are even with the bottom of the tube
I used 2x6 for mine, and I have it angled down slightly to allow for drainage. Up here I can't have my doors getting frozen shut all winter long when it's my DD. ;)

Back