• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN Header install w/pics.

I know of 3 plus my own that have been on for well over a year. Mine has 20k on it and has pulled some 3k with 4 ton of trailer behind. No problems.

if you get a header - use a flexy pipe somewhere before cat to help with vibrations which crack the header - also upgrade motor mounts while you are at it

Question: Since stainless steel (factory manifold) becomes brittle when heated and cooled, which leads to cracking, is SS better that good ol' steel?

Some aftermarket header vendors use SS, others use steel. Just stuff I ponder.........

Last edited:
It hits the the intake on the back cyl. Hit it with a hammer a bit and possible grind a bit off the intake. I ground a bit off of the intake it seemed like I could dent it enough to fit.

Interesting bringing up my old thread...

I've developed a leak (I believe) but it doesn't appear to be the header's fault, but the gasket that I used. I used the one they sent w/the APN and I should've picked up a nice Felpro and used it f/the get go. As soon as the weather warms a bit I think I'm going to pull this apart again and use the Felpro this go around.

Currently I've got 247K miles on the odometer and she's still plugging along...

Weird, never had a problem with ours.

Some of it might be attributed to user error as well... never could get that one bolt tight... then forgot about it. 2+ years later, apparently it burned out the gasket that came w/the APN header. Not that a Felpro is expensive... it's just time consuming to do and we've been super busy so no free time... yet. I'll take time in a few weeks to redo it and also give the APN a good look-over to see how it's holding up.

I think you'll be happy w/your purchase. For the money they are hard to beat.

I don't have my '96 anymore... sold it ~ 2 years back but the header was still holding up well. Never pulled the header off to see if the gasket was leaking. It never got worse and my son (who started driving the XJ) never complained.

I think you'll be happy w/your purchase. For the money they are hard to beat.

I don't have my '96 anymore... sold it ~ 2 years back but the header was still holding up well. Never pulled the header off to see if the gasket was leaking. It never got worse and my son (who started driving the XJ) never complained.

Ok...worried about cracking, but if it hold up... :D

Back