• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone willing to lend a hand?

We'll join you guys on the 4th, but no way are we going to make it down there by 11 a.m. :D We are night owls and rarely go to bed before 2/3 a.m., so we tend to start our day later, and we are invited to a pancake breakfast at a friend's house too. We'll show up in the early afternoon though, and bring the remaining piece of tri tip, pasta salad and some other goodies.

What's left to do: rock rails, x-member, and SYE. Plus the drive shafts after the SYE is done.

We took the Jeep for a drive today and I really like the way it rides, but have to get used to the difference in handling. In a few days I probably won't even notice it anymore. :)

As expected, there is some vibration, which stops at about 45 mph. It also makes an odd noise when in 4WD and making a tight turn?

Lilian said:
It also makes an odd noise when in 4WD and making a tight turn?

if you are testing it on pavement that is normal, and DONT DO THAT ANYMORE :twak: :D only use 4wd off road where the wheels can slip a bit, that noise is the transfer case binding up

:D

GrimmJeeper said:
if you are testing it on pavement that is normal, and DONT DO THAT ANYMORE :twak: :D only use 4wd off road where the wheels can slip a bit, that noise is the transfer case binding up

:D

We are somewhat limited over here - the patch of dirt ended and we had to turn around to get back to it. :D

Thanks for the explanation though. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions in the near future. lol

Back