• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone here hear of the new 300M ujoints coming out?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have word and a few even available, of some new manufacture producing 300M ujoints comparable in design and same materials as Jacks at CTM.

I love all Jacks stuff, but these are said (dont know who tested or originally made the claim though) that these are stronger then CTM's?

They are currently avail for the D30/44 and D60 I am told... I been trying to get a picture of them. I should have something by later today.

I AM TOLD they are by Nitro.. but not confirmed yet...

Just got this:
The Excaliber Ujoint is 100% American made. The cross is made from heat treated billet 300M and the caps are 4340. The entire unit is heat treated and cryod for ulitmate strength and wear resistance. Joint comes with full circle clips and grease fittings that install into the caps. There are no needle bearings in these joints. This allows the legs for the cap to be thicker. These joints are for offroad use only and should be greased often. These are not to be run at high speed. It is the strongest joint on the market able to withstand over 150,000 lbs of force. These joints are backed with a lifetime no questions asked warranty. The trick is you have to break them.

I think pricing is about 160$ for D30/44 and 190$ for D60. So, they are alot more affordable. I am surprised it took this long to be done though...

How are they different from a Randy's or Longfield joint?

Jack's have the bronze bushing in them which keeps the cross from wearing out so they can be rebuilt, and I believe he has a patent on that. The others are steel on steel. There is no speed restriction on CTM's.

Who's making them??

How are they different from a Randy's or Longfield joint?

Jack's have the bronze bushing in them which keeps the cross from wearing out so they can be rebuilt, and I believe he has a patent on that. The others are steel on steel. There is no speed restriction on CTM's.

Who's making them??

This is all the info I currently have. The only down side to Jacks is the price. these might just make it more feesable to some that just cant cough up 480$ for a pair.
Lifetime warranty, no needle bearings, Strongest joints you can get!, Made in USA. Caps can be replaced seperately too.
NP 760X-300M D30, D44, GM 8.5 FRT AXLE U/JOINT 300M CHROMEMOLY (297X 760X) 200$
806X-300M D60 FRT AXLE U/JOINT 300M CHROMEMOLY (806X 332X) ALSO D50 FORD SUPERDUTY 235$
300mujoint1.jpg

300mujoint2.jpg

300mujoint3.jpg

I think I might buy a set just to test. But thats alot of $ still for me right now lol...

They do not have the bushings, so that is both a pro and con I guess. stronger without I am sure, but also you have to make sure you dont neglect them and greese them regularly.

Robert is just trolling for sales.

:D

Not really. I dont think they are regular stocked yet. But I was on the phone buying some axles and setting up another account when I was informed to be ready for a new 300M joint supplier that has been tested to be stronger then CTM's they said. I like jacks bushing design though and how its a bit more road and speed freindly...

We have run Jack's CTMs in the front of our Jeepspeed for three years. Never even had to replace the bushings. Just grease them up (with Jack's grease) before every race. We have broken multiple rings and pinions, and a couple of cromolly shafts, but the CTMs are still good. I also run them in my own rig that sees a lot of high speed stuff as well with no issues.

I'm sure a lot of the other companies can produce basically the same joint for less money...Jack spent a lot, and I mean a lot...of time and money doing R&D to make these things the best available. All the other companies have to do is copy a proven design, and get the machine shop running.

I'll take the bronze bushings over the steel on steel any day...bushings are cheap if you're too lazy to keep them greased, whereas buying new joints will be more expensive than buying CTMs the first time.

-Dan

We have run Jack's CTMs in the front of our Jeepspeed for three years. Never even had to replace the bushings. Just grease them up (with Jack's grease) before every race. We have broken multiple rings and pinions, and a couple of cromolly shafts, but the CTMs are still good. I also run them in my own rig that sees a lot of high speed stuff as well with no issues.

I'm sure a lot of the other companies can produce basically the same joint for less money...Jack spent a lot, and I mean a lot...of time and money doing R&D to make these things the best available. All the other companies have to do is copy a proven design, and get the machine shop running.

I'll take the bronze bushings over the steel on steel any day...bushings are cheap if you're too lazy to keep them greased, whereas buying new joints will be more expensive than buying CTMs the first time.

-Dan

X2 Jacks stuff is worth the money. Buy it once, buy the best.

They'd need to post their test results before I'd believe they're stronger than CTM's. Basically, a cross made out of billet 300M, then heat treated and cryo'd, should all be the same. Tough to really say one is stronger than the other. CTM's are proven in most of the comp rigs, and they are rebuildable. But, nothing wrong with a cheaper option.

Price wise, you'd have to compare them against a Longfield or Randy's joint, since they are the same design (no bronze bushing).

They'd need to post their test results before I'd believe they're stronger than CTM's. Basically, a cross made out of billet 300M, then heat treated and cryo'd, should all be the same. Tough to really say one is stronger than the other. CTM's are proven in most of the comp rigs, and they are rebuildable. But, nothing wrong with a cheaper option.

Price wise, you'd have to compare them against a Longfield or Randy's joint, since they are the same design (no bronze bushing).

I agree about specs and similiar materials and such..

As for same as randy's, thier are only 4340 I thought and about 20$ less each at best. and then longfields are 300M and have been tested to be "stronger" then CTM's and I bet thats due to the bushing material some how...

http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/images/StressTest.pdf
Specimen No. Peak Load (lbs)​
SPICER 48, 649
LONGFIELD 162,400
YUKON 92,599
CTM 158,732​

Back