• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone here did the 2" budget boost?

Ryan,
If you are sagging already with a shackle, don't do the block but dump the shackle and get an AAL... if you put in the block, your leaf pack will start failing even faster.
In general blocks are considered a bad idea in combination with stock springs....
Kejtar

RyanT said:
I will say that with the shackles, the rear of my XJ (99) is sagging a bit and I'm going to put a 1/2" block in to bring it back up.

I know that blocks are bad, and I am planning on going to 4.5" when I get a job that actually pays something (just graduated from College this month)... and replacing the leaf packs... 3" lift in the rear, 1.5" shackle = 4.5" . I know that the lift shackle and the stock leaf springs are a weak combo due to the tendency of the stock leafs to sag even without the lift shackles.

I do appreciate your concern and advice... if I only had the money for a SYE & Bigger tires I'd lift now.

Back