• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone done any grill mods?

95707396dKZJtt_ph.jpg

96783976GxctSe_ph.jpg

All though, I dont have my grill in right now, because Im still trying to decide what to do with my front end, and im lazy :D.

Im probably going to colormatch all the trim and the grill. :agree:

rj454 said:
hey, that looks pretty sharp on there, is that the one they sell for chevys?

i dont know, i bought the grill in germany but its from stull industries usa and it is for the xj

Heep said:
picture.JPG

No, really Ill post one of tomarrow. This is the before pic. I used premiuim Gutter Meshfrom Home Depot and cut it to fit and glued em in.

That was before and this is after
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

I'm gonna cut my name in some diamond plate & double-sided tape it to my grill.

I actually DID modify my grill I cut out 1 of the ribs to allow my OBA (see: On Board Air) airchuck to stick through it. It fits great, misses the winch & gets me all the style points with the ladies. :rolleyes:

-jb

Hey, HEEP...what are those hood vents from? I like em...

rj454 said:
Hey, HEEP...what are those hood vents from? I like em...
You can get them in stainless and are sold for boats. I looked at them a few years ago as was thinking of doing the same.

yup, what he said. I think I got em online from boatersworld.com. They are stainless steel and I just painted em. They were around $20 a piece. I just cut and rivited em in there.

David Tucker said:
Alright, it's not a big mod, and I was in search of more airflow not good looks..... On my 93' I cut out all of the small 1/8" wide slats between the big slats. It makes the grill a little less "busy"

Just my .02 cents

Dave
I'll second that.I painted them black(instead of chrome)but I'm getting ready to hack em".

I built this when I reccessed my winch into the grill and cut the front crossmember...

The only fiberglass left runs across the top and down to the bottom edge of the headlamps...

Matt

exo06s.jpg

Back