• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any UFC fans? UFC 94 predictions?

UFC 94 picks...

• George St. Pierre

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • BJ Penn

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters
I need your paint!:D

Well, still sticking with your opinion? Talk about a boring ass fight...AND one he shouldn't have won.....Karo won tonight strictly on his name. No way he won 2 rounds.

Terrible...I almost fell asleep watching that "match"....

...and as usual, BJP was out of shape...

Well, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. GSP put on a hell of a show.

The rest of the match ups went exactly as I planed.

Well, still sticking with your opinion? Talk about a boring ass fight...AND one he shouldn't have won.....Karo won tonight strictly on his name. No way he won 2 rounds.

Terrible...I almost fell asleep watching that "match"....

You got me! There was no way he should have won, that's the same BS that happened with the Bisping/Hamilton in London. I was impressed with how he was throw around by Dong, though. He was clearly out techniqued by Dong.

I don't think BJ was necessarily out of shape, I think he was out of shape compared to GSP. GSP is the biggest 170 I've ever seem, I'd hate to be him when he needs to cut weight. I think GSP and Andreson Silva will be a good fight, money's on Silva.

I'm pretty upset that they didn't show the John Fitch fight, goes from a top contender to off the PPV fight card? BS.

Lyoto and Rashad are going to be a hell of a fight. . .

Yeah, I read about the results of the Fitch fight - apparently he just dominated the guy he fought. One of the judges even scored it 30-26. I'm hoping to find it on Youtube or something - or I'll email Jon and see if he has a copy of it (I've met him before, he went to high school with one of my best friends).

Did you see how big Thiago Alves looked when he stepped in the ring to get interviewed??? That's gonna be a good fight...

Per Yahoo Sports, speculation is that GSP's cornerman 'greased' him up between the rounds 1 and 2 and 2 and 3. I personally don't think it was an intentional act because there is so little vasoline it wouldn't do any good. Not to mention that it would rub off quick enough that the advantages of it would be minimal.

Thoughts?

I think its BJP being a whiney b*tch...

Per Yahoo Sports, speculation is that GSP's cornerman 'greased' him up between the rounds 1 and 2 and 2 and 3. I personally don't think it was an intentional act because there is so little vasoline it wouldn't do any good. Not to mention that it would rub off quick enough that the advantages of it would be minimal.

Thoughts?

I didn't see it but I talked to a few people that thought they did. I will say GSP was slipping out of everything. It would make a huge difference.

That said, I don't think anything could have saved BJ that night.

Word is his cornerman wiped some on him, but it is also stated that the commission officials were on it when it happened and had it wiped off right then and there. Any residual vaseline left over wouldn't have had any effect on the fight at all, try it, a towel would wipe off 99% of anything on the skin.

I am sure BJ was in good shape, but when your getting dominated in every aspect it has to get to hurt your cardio no matter how good it is. When a 180lbs (fight weight) guy is on top of you, squeezing you, punching/elbowing you and you can do anything but take it your gonna get gassed from trying to defend and stay conscious. As for his trash talk, hey if its what he has to do before a fight who am I to say its wrong, but it is nice to see him get his due beats in retort.

Thiago Alves is probably the biggest Welterweight out there, if GSP walks around at 185-190lbs between fights, Alves has to be over 190, maybe 200 as he is one thick boy. I am with GSP (Canuck eh) but Alves has some real power, it will be a better test than BJ could have been, should be a very good fight.

They weren't rubbing vasoline on him. They were massaging his temples and he kept rubbing his chest before the match and then his buddy in the corner was doing the same thing in between rounds. I bet it was some pressure point thing.

How about that embrace after the fight. I understand that it was the biggest fight of his life but that was an awful close "embrace" with his corner men.

Thiago Alves is probably the biggest Welterweight out there, if GSP walks around at 185-190lbs between fights, Alves has to be over 190, maybe 200 as he is one thick boy. I am with GSP (Canuck eh) but Alves has some real power, it will be a better test than BJ could have been, should be a very good fight.

The only GSP fight worth watching now is a catch weight fight with Anderson Silva. He will destroy anyone 170lbs right now.

They weren't rubbing vasoline on him. They were massaging his temples and he kept rubbing his chest before the match and then his buddy in the corner was doing the same thing in between rounds. I bet it was some pressure point thing.

That's what it was. The idea is to massage a section on his back and chest to help "center" him or something like that. Apparently GSP's cornerman is one of the few people who can CORRECTLY do it.

Yeah, I read about the results of the Fitch fight - apparently he just dominated the guy he fought. One of the judges even scored it 30-26. I'm hoping to find it on Youtube or something - or I'll email Jon and see if he has a copy of it (I've met him before, he went to high school with one of my best friends).

Did you see how big Thiago Alves looked when he stepped in the ring to get interviewed??? That's gonna be a good fight...

And thiago has gotten FAST! his last couple fights it seems he's gotten quiker and quiker. I'm still pissed they didn't show the Fitch fight. I haven't been able to find it anyone online.

When's Anderson Silva going to fight GSP?

How about that embrace after the fight. I understand that it was the biggest fight of his life but that was an awful close "embrace" with his corner men.

The only GSP fight worth watching now is a catch weight fight with Anderson Silva. He will destroy anyone 170lbs right now.

The embrace is nothing fancy, you may have heard them singing "Ole, Ole Ole Ole" its a common celebration... outside the USA.
He can destroy anyone, but anyone gets a boxers chance at knocking the other guy out every fight. I still haven't watched a fight I could predict completely before it begins. It will be a good fight tho.

There is no timeline for a GSP vs A Silva fight. Both have title defense obligations first.

The embrace is nothing fancy, you may have heard them singing "Ole, Ole Ole Ole" its a common celebration... outside the USA.
He can destroy anyone, but anyone gets a boxers chance at knocking the other guy out every fight. I still haven't watched a fight I could predict completely before it begins. It will be a good fight tho.

There is no timeline for a GSP vs A Silva fight. Both have title defense obligations first.

It was before the Ole chant. Both of them where grabbing him by the face and basically kissing him.

And thiago has gotten FAST! his last couple fights it seems he's gotten quiker and quiker. I'm still pissed they didn't show the Fitch fight. I haven't been able to find it anyone online.

I downloaded the Fitch fight tonight - PM me if you're interested in the details :piratefla

Back