• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another TW DS falls apart

Jes said:
Maybe look a little closer. ;)

The slip shaft will be that close to the T-case when it's on a SWB Jeep. Looks like the rear shaft on a TJ(maybe YJ) to me.

What Jes said. The shafts for SWB are reversed from what we have.

Here is mine

IMAG0001_1.jpg

Here is a SWB TW Shaft

TomWoods-642F.JPG

rockwerks said:
This is the second I have seen in recent months. it might be a quality control problem, If I owned a Woods shaft Id definatlely have it rewelded.

IMG_3289.jpg

you can see in this pic that there was absolutely no penetration on the weld. and rust on the mating surfaces.

Just a heads up. this is not a good situation

be safe

That might have been a TW shaft in a previous life but not after it was modified by whatever lame welder did it. It looks like the tube isn't the right size for the Slip adapter! BS!

Mark Hinkley said:
That might have been a TW shaft in a previous life but not after it was modified by whatever lame welder did it. It looks like the tube isn't the right size for the Slip adapter! BS!

Oh shuddup.

What would you know about manufacturing anyway! :gee:

:illegalflipoffsmilie:

Mark Hinkley said:

Mark put donw the pipe.......what you see in the pic is an optical conclusion

you see the CV piece is in front of the other section by about 6" (it is laying up against the muffler)

So the front one LOOKS larger than the one to the back. our next !st grade science lesson in an hour:gee: :doh:

rockwerks said:
Mark put donw the pipe.......what you see in the pic is an optical conclusion

you see the CV piece is in front of the other section by about 6" (it is laying up against the muffler)

So the front one LOOKS larger than the one to the back. our next !st grade science lesson in an hour:gee: :doh:

DUH!!!!!!!!!!

Took that into consideration!

Maybe about 3 to 4" but not 6.

Anyhow whoever modded it sucks at welding, not a true TW shaft!

Mark Hinkley said:
So wait, I just don't understand, not being rude or anything, but why do you say its modified and how?

weld.jpg

I'm not a welding expert by any stretch of the imagination but whoever did weld 1 DID NOT do weld 2 unless they were trying to kill somebody and/or get fired on purpose.

Why do SWD jeeps have the Slipshaft on the T-case end and LWB jeeps have it on the axle end? I would think it would be better on the T-case end no matter what considering all the possibilties of hang-ups and damaging the slip-splines.

Back