• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Rubicon Express customer testimonial ...

I really don't know where to start, but I feel the need to speak out on this issue. First of all let me say that I agree with the post that says your fight is with Quadratech not with RE. Once you have exhausted your options with Quadratech then go to RE and ask for help. You stated in a post that you were not trying to get anything from RE by posting on this fourm. If this is true why did you ? Its a classic leverage move not to mention posting your dirty laundry for all of us to enjoy. I can find no fault in anything that RE has offered you.You have drivin that vehicle for 3yrs on the east coast (salt) and clearly have the rust to prove it. Ok so you dont want RE anymore thats cool but leave it at that. As a comedian once said "I don't like Bed Bath and Beyond so I don't shop there,I dont go around putting them down". Pick your vendors better and research the product don't just go on peoples word. Lastly I do not feel that publishing personal emails on a public fourm is right and have you let RE know that you have posted this and givin them a chance to respond? As a side note yes I run a RE 4.5 and have had it on since 2004 and have never had an isuue with any of thier product and would highly recomend them as a great lift.

Last edited:
JustCupCher.jpg

Finish that sentence how ever you see fit.

your fight is with Quadratech not with RE.

What fight?

He won already!

He was offered a free replacement on a part that is questionable how it failed three years after he bought it. And now he is just flam'in RE like a Tard!

Amberlamps! Call Dem!

No I think you got it all wrong Grimm, he posted his snivel on another smaller forum and they gave him advice:

But I will say it is great that he ceased sharing with us, his tearfull whine was getting old fast. Anyone find his thead on Pirate4x4, I would love to read how they rip into someone like this.

Hey thanks for cyber stalking and finding a post I made on another forum.

I agree with TrueBlueXJ. This thread has run it's course. Perhaps it's time for the mods to close it.

BTW, isn't GrimmJeeper actually Jason from Rough Country?

Nope, that's Grimus-something iirc.

mods please erase this thread, i'm tired of getting emails about post that are a bunch of jibber jabber. Its all in good fun but lets leave the guy alone. Hopefully he learned his lesson, 6 pages of trash talk is a bit much.

When you get the email about this one, go to your user control panel and click the unsubscribe link under the thread title

Hey thanks for cyber stalking and finding a post I made on another forum.

I agree with TrueBlueXJ. This thread has run it's course. Perhaps it's time for the mods to close it.

BTW, isn't GrimmJeeper actually Jason from Rough Country?

Why would the mods close this, it is some good customer testimonial on how well Rubicon Express takes care of it's customers. It lets everyone know how they will be treated by Rubicon Express. A part fails and they will replace it even 3 years later.

You just want it closed because TrueBlueXJ wanted to Flame Rubicon Express and it backfired on him!

Cyber stalking? No, you post was pointed out to me, as well as that thread he started over there. But I have to wonder why would you give him such bad advice? Do you not like him?

Did it ever get posted on Pirate? That would be really funny! NAXJA is a family board, but PBB will take off the kid gloves.

Why would the mods close this, it is some good customer testimonial on how well Rubicon Express takes care of it's customers. It lets everyone know how they will be treated by Rubicon Express. A part fails and they will replace it even 3 years later.

You just want it closed because TrueBlueXJ wanted to Flame Rubicon Express and it backfired on him!

Cyber stalking? No, you post was pointed out to me, as well as that thread he started over there. But I have to wonder why would you give him such bad advice? Do you not like him?

Did it ever get posted on Pirate? That would be really funny! NAXJA is a family board, but PBB will take off the kid gloves.

*coughs* troll *coughs*

*coughs* troll *coughs*

Troll? Do you even know what a forum troll is? Maybe you should look that one up. I am just reading a public internet forum:
http://jeepinwv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=193657&sid=0a87dbccc3af001439e020223f2bf9a0

I found it funny how he left this part out of his post here:
"Subject: RE: Broken coil spring
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:54:55 -0700
To: [email protected]

Kyle--from what I have been told the process that the coil company uses in making our coil springs is a cold wound process versus some that use a hot wound process.Here in California where there is milder climate and very little salting of roads it does not seem to affect the coils.We have hads a couple of incidents where this has happened previously but strangely it has only been on XJ's.I say strangely because this coil is used on both XJ's and TJ's. We have used the same manufacturer for many years--they are a US manufacturer out of the South so I am certain there are no inferior parts being used.

Mike Koenig
Rubicon Express Sales
916-473-4603 direct line
866-284-7309 direct fax"

I would be stoked to get a free replacement on a part that failed three years after I bought it.

So, the moral of the story was, he came to post here, make RE look bad, get a few buddies to back him up, and hopefully he'd get more free parts, as an RE rep might see this and want to save some face and shut him up with swag. Classy!

I had my heart set on getting some RE coils and rear leaf springs until I saw this post on other forums(including this one obviously). But after reading the details, I'm thinking RE may still be the way to go.

RE is a decent company.
If you have the cash, go Deaver
If you just need a decent quality, fairly priced set of springs, RE should be fine

If we're gonna resurrect this topic, I'll bash RE.

I've got a set of their leaves under my XJ right now. The right one has a 1" block under it to get the rig to set level. Been that way since they had <1000 miles on em, two years ago.

That's some stellar quality control right there...

Robert

Shuffle the leaves side to side.

Their bushings arent what they useed to be either. I melted one due to a hacked exhaust and ordered replacements through RE. When tthey arrived, the metal sleeves were 1/16" thick, and the center sleeve was a crappy rolled design.
Called them, and all they could say is they hadnt had issues yet.

Pfft. I was pissed enough I had to tear one side back apart. I wasn't about to dismantle BOTH brand new springs to try to mix n match to get em to even out...

The RIGHT one...

So maybe the girlfriend does. But that leaf has been sagging longer than shes been around...

Back