• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another shooting....

btw moab, time to update you user title, doesnt match your new avatar.

Where is says "Wishing I was here"?

I can't remember. I'm using tapa talk and it doesn't show up. If that's still what it says though, I'm still cool with it. I'm at work and I still wish I was there.

Now think about this.What would happen to you if this did happen?Think hard now.

lol

Oh that's easy. After all the bodies rotted and the flotsam sank I'd have a nice beach with no people lots closer to me than it is now.

And if you are talking about the fact that California has the sixth largest GDP of any country in the world and how it would ruin the rest of the country blah blah blah. Sorry don't care. Like getting a vasectomy. It stings for awhile but the world would be better off with lots less babies.

so i got this from the CDC

Leading Causes of Death
(Data are for the U.S. and are final 2009 data; For the most recent preliminary data see Deaths: Preliminary Data for 2011 [PDF - 1.7 MB])

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 599,413
Cancer: 567,628
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
Alzheimer's disease: 79,003
Diabetes: 68,705
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909

so by using the logic of people that are pro banning guns and making them illegal, suicide should not be on the top ten. after all its illegal. just sayin....

also from the CDC

Mortality
All injury deaths
Number of deaths: 177,154
Deaths per 100,000 population: 57.7
Motor vehicle traffic deaths
Number of deaths: 34,485
Deaths per 100,000 population: 11.2
All poisoning deaths
Number of deaths: 41,592
Deaths per 100,000 population: 13.5
All firearm deaths
Number of deaths: 31,347
Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.2

and again from the CDC

Mortality
All homicides
Number of deaths: 16,799
Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.5
Cause of death rank: 15
Firearm homicides
Number of deaths: 11,493
Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.7

interesting.

Yes, but people are actually working to reduce health related mortalities.
Very little is being done to reduce firearm homicides.

It's not a fair comparison; in fact, it's comparable to people that tell you stop bitching about gas prices because caviar and cologne cost more per gallon.

My apologies in that case. You should buy her a yellow dress and take her out to lunch. She might grow on you.

I won't deny that something like that sounds fun; however, these types of guns have proven their capacity for carnage in the wrong hands, and –unfortunately- too many people have lapsed their responsibility for these types of firearms. If not a ban, than they deserve a different, an incredibly strict and ongoing registration and renewal process (opposed to regular firearms). Yes, it sounds like a nag, but the alternative is a complete ban.

Does an AR-10 have a "proven capacity for carnage?" Sure - so do cars. So does a tall building during an earthquake.

An "incredibly strict and ongoing registration and renewal process" is unnecessary - because it's not the firearm that's doing it. It's the shooter - and if he's using a stolen firearm, how would registering it help?

But, my key question - how are firearms different from other objects used to kill? When that fool drove through the daycare yard some years ago and killed a good handful of kids, we didn't hear about a ban on cars.

Drunk drivers kill every day - but I can go into a store and buy booze without any trouble.

Baseball bats, hammers, large wrenches, big chunks of dimension lumber are used - but I can buy all of those I like.

Knives? How many people are stabbed? I own dozens of knives of various types (fixed-blade, folding, kitchen knives, utility knives, even putty knives - all can be used to kill!) but I can buy them freely, all I want, no background check, cash-and-carry.

So, why are firearms different? Because they make it "more efficient" to kill? Do you have any idea how fast I could go through a roomful of people with just my own hands and feet, and leave a trail of corpses? Why aren't I banned? Believe me, they always know where I am - the Air Force has to keep track of me in case they need me, and there are a large handful of Federal agencies already keeping track of me. But, they've never tried to ban me...

Does an AR-10 have a "proven capacity for carnage?" Sure - so do cars. So does a tall building during an earthquake.

An "incredibly strict and ongoing registration and renewal process" is unnecessary - because it's not the firearm that's doing it. It's the shooter - and if he's using a stolen firearm, how would registering it help?

But, my key question - how are firearms different from other objects used to kill? When that fool drove through the daycare yard some years ago and killed a good handful of kids, we didn't hear about a ban on cars.

Drunk drivers kill every day - but I can go into a store and buy booze without any trouble.

Baseball bats, hammers, large wrenches, big chunks of dimension lumber are used - but I can buy all of those I like.

Knives? How many people are stabbed? I own dozens of knives of various types (fixed-blade, folding, kitchen knives, utility knives, even putty knives - all can be used to kill!) but I can buy them freely, all I want, no background check, cash-and-carry.

So, why are firearms different? Because they make it "more efficient" to kill? Do you have any idea how fast I could go through a roomful of people with just my own hands and feet, and leave a trail of corpses? Why aren't I banned? Believe me, they always know where I am - the Air Force has to keep track of me in case they need me, and there are a large handful of Federal agencies already keeping track of me. But, they've never tried to ban me...

No offense, but that's just an attempt to shift the blame from guns to anything and everything else... including the kitchen sink (which is a common NRA tactic I might add). The point is, those kids were killed by an assault rifle, NOT any of the items you mentioned above.

Moreso, Rush Power Systems keeps saying "the guy in China that killed all the kids had an assault knife" when in actuality no children died during that incident.

I've since learned that them list consisted of 2 students, one being himself.

The school has a "Buddy Box", where anonymous notes can be dropped and they are reviewed daily. A student became aware of the list and reported it promptly, so the process worked.

I pray that this cry for help from this young man will allow him to get the treatment that he needs, before he causes any injury to himself or others.

This does not look good.

Good luck and hopefully it all ends soon.

Best

Boris

No offense, but that's just an attempt to shift the blame from guns to anything and everything else... including the kitchen sink (which is a common NRA tactic I might add). The point is, those kids were killed by an assault rifle, NOT any of the items you mentioned above.

Moreso, Rush Power Systems keeps saying "the guy in China that killed all the kids had an assault knife" when in actuality no children died during that incident.

talk about dodging a question :laugh:

Ugh, Don't give the US gov any ideas.

Alien specimen, I'd like to be your devil's advocate. As the current system stands, what's stoppig a teacher from losing his or her mind and body slamming a kid or throwing chairs at kids?

I like to think that there's some good left in this world, however foolish that may be. There are a lot of bad people (and bad teachers) out there but I've never met a teacher that I thought was capable of intentional physical or emotional harm to a student.

I just googled "teacher hits student" and it returned ungodly amount of results...

This is pointless, the sad thing is the left and media is turning this in to a gun issue and we are going to lose some or all of the 2 ND amendment.
@ alienspecimen, that is the most ridiculous thing you could say, so a teacher with a gun becomes a thug, right? Obama does not have a gun, but he is a thug, lack of charter makes thugs, not guns. Read the reports, mental defective killed himself when he was confronted with a someone with a gun.
From the info we have now there are only two things that could have stopped this, mom could have not had guns or had them locked up, however he could have gotten them another way. Or nut job could have been locked up in a mental house, and that would have stopped this, but the ACLU would have put nut job on the street.
I am a conservative capitalist, I believe Bush was one of the worst presidents we have ever had, but I would vote him king over this clown. You on the left must understand that Obama is not sad about this, he wanted this! This will give him what fast and ferrous was designed to give him, the media has used this to rally people into willingly giving up freedoms, and Obama sits back and smiles.
The difference between a government that fears the people and the other way around is the 2nd amendment.

I know it was ridiculous (actually, this is not exactly how I write or speak, I purposely emulated to a certain degree Rush Limbaugh's style toning it down quite a bit so I wont really sound as ridiculous and evil as he does...), but so are all the pro-gun arguments here and elsewhere.

I also think that you are going too far in your accusations towards President Obama. BTW, you are probably aware of the "evidence" that exist out there, showing that President Bush knew about 911 in advance, but did nothing to stop the attacks, so he could engage into a crusade...yes, your rant above sounds just as nutty.

I just googled "teacher hits student" and it returned ungodly amount of results...
Fair enough. But did they beat them sensless or just a slap upside the head?

I bet you think parents shouldn't spank their children either.

I bet if a few more kids for knocked around a little we would have less shootings.
Less pussification and more accountability of the youth too.

I bet if a few more kids got knocked around a little we would have less shootings.

I'd bet if we stopped pumping gradeschoolers and teenagers full of stimulants and SSRIs and other psychotropic drugs we wouldn't have as many incidents.

but everything is fixed with a pill these days.
From the murfeesboro link:
The teen told deputies he was possessed by demons.

WGNS Radio reported that his parents are working with juvenile courts for him to undergo a mental evaluation.

Who wants to bet that this kid is already on happy pills?

I see that no one has answered any of my questions either. No answers as to how an assault weapons/hi capacity ban would stop these events from happening?

Those questions always seem to end the discussion.

Last edited:
Fair enough. But did they beat them sensless or just a slap upside the head?

I bet you think parents shouldn't spank their children either.

Totally different topic... If the teacher slaps a kid upside the head:

The difference today is the parents get involved and the teacher is fired... because they JUST KNOW their kid is an angel and CAN DO NO WRONG...

When I was a kid, the parents got involved too... they went up to their kid and smacked them upside the head AGAIN for upsetting the teacher.

Ask me how I know... My english teacher (he was also the football coach... played a linebacker in college) walked down the row in our 9th grade classroom and wailed 5 of us in the back of the head with his english book. The whole class was being VERY disruptive, but it was the beginning of class, and he hadn't started teaching yet. Did we deserve punishment? Yes.... Did he overreact? Definitely... Was he punished? Nope... Did I think he deserve to be punished at that time? Nope. Did we all get in trouble with our parents? You betcha... especially after we complained to the principal that our english teacher hit us with his english book.

And that is my first and last post in this thread.... and I think it reflects my views on this entire topic. And it just so happens to have NOTHING to do with gun control.

Last edited:
Back