• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another shooting....

They banned those in the UK.
Ugh, Don't give the US gov any ideas.

Alien specimen, I'd like to be your devil's advocate. As the current system stands, what's stoppig a teacher from losing his or her mind and body slamming a kid or throwing chairs at kids?

I like to think that there's some good left in this world, however foolish that may be. There are a lot of bad people (and bad teachers) out there but I've never met a teacher that I thought was capable of intentional physical or emotional harm to a student.

California has 'assault knife bans', butterfly knives and switchblades for sure, but im also pretty sure those brass knuckle + big ass wwII knives, and daggers are illegal to carry conceiled.

California has 'assault knife bans', butterfly knives and switchblades for sure, but im also pretty sure those brass knuckle + big ass wwII knives, and daggers are illegal to carry conceiled.

I've heard it was illegal to carry a bat in your car in Ca. I know there is a lot of misinformation about what is or isn't legal but if that's the case it's just one more reason why that whole state needs to blow up, burn, flood then sink.

I just don't get why people can't tone it down a bit. Its like, seriously? You got bullied, your cat died, your mom grounded you for not picking up your legos... whatever. And it results in death, either of yourself or many others.

I've been in fights, I've been bullied, I've been around guns since I was 4 or 5, never once have I thought, "I'm just gonna go shoot that kid that pushed me in the hall today"

I'm relatively young, 27. I have a strong belief that around the time I graduated high school was the last of a fairly decent generation. I say this having younger brothers, both teens, both ass holes by standards 10 years ago.

Its not gun laws that allow these things to happen, its over dramatic kids that have grown up with iPhones since they were 3 and have no clue how to be courteous to anyone but themselves.

I'm not calling out EVERYONE that's young, just most of them. And it shows in more places than violence and selfishness... hell, a kid can't even care about a job now days, hardly any younger kids have a sense of pride in work or attempting to work. Look at the "mechanics" fresh out of high school, they got a certificate that says they can change oil and decide to change your timing belt, boom.

This isn't necessarily on topic, but its my thoughts on how crappy a generation is. Hopefully chivalry and self worth make it back to the table by the time my daughters a teen and things don't just continue to decay.

Rant done.

Last edited:
What, no more KOH?

My 14yr old son came home from Jr High today and informed me that a fellow 9th grader was arrested and taken to juvenile detention for evaluation for creating a "kill list".

I've since learned that them list consisted of 2 students, one being himself.

The school has a "Buddy Box", where anonymous notes can be dropped and they are reviewed daily. A student became aware of the list and reported it promptly, so the process worked.

I pray that this cry for help from this young man will allow him to get the treatment that he needs, before he causes any injury to himself or others.

I've heard it was illegal to carry a bat in your car in Ca. I know there is a lot of misinformation about what is or isn't legal but if that's the case it's just one more reason why that whole state needs to blow up, burn, flood then sink.

if you have a bat by itself your in trouble so you just keep a glove and ball as well and your safe!

This isn't necessarily on topic, but its my thoughts on how crappy a generation is. Hopefully chivalry and self worth make it back to the table by the time my daughters a teen and things don't just continue to decay.

Rant done.

Participation trophies and not keeping score in little league.

at this point you have an entire generation that was raised to believe that they are special, and everyone loves them. Then they go out into the real world and get chewed up and spit out. They are not capable of dealing with rejection or failure, as they never experienced either growing up.

but hey, this is the progressive dream.

Back