• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual Winter M&G

What type of M&G would you attend?

• Pizzafest

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Dave & Busters

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Panos

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Snow Wheeling/BBQ

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other (post your idea)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you will be meeting some new folks coming to your Anthracite run, Andy. There was a group of NY/NJ guys that came to Rocktoberfest that were either members or prospective members, and they were top-notch.. We had the pleasure of running the trails with them and they brought in that enthusiasm you see when somebody says at the end of the day "Holy crap I cant believe my jeep made it thru there!" Great folks, and they were looking forward to getting to Rausch and closer points. You will enjoy their company.
See you soon guys!

Rich

True, there will be a whole group of folks at Anthracite that I haven't met yet. I think its also a good idea to turn the December run into a M&G kind of run too. I think wheeling entices more people to come out than just going out to eat somewhere. Depending on the weather, you guys can plan some time into the beginning of the day Saturday at RC to meet everyone that shows up. Not sure I can make that run yet though... its a busy time of year for us.

the one thing with f1 boston is it is pricey but they do have food there. looking at prices from their site it is $10 for a "drivers license" then its $28 for a race for $75 for 3 race but we could rent out the track if we have more than 8 people commit to racing but that comes out to be $800-900 per 1/2 hour and it that we could probably squeeze 2 or 3 races in 30 minutes

the one thing with f1 boston is it is pricey but they do have food there. looking at prices from their site it is $10 for a "drivers license" then its $28 for a race for $75 for 3 race but we could rent out the track if we have more than 8 people commit to racing but that comes out to be $800-900 per 1/2 hour and it that we could probably squeeze 2 or 3 races in 30 minutes

I'd rather go somewhere else afterwards for food/beer if we ended up going with this plan.

EDIT: That's what I figured it would be price wise, but it's worth it. They're real deal carts, not some outdoor mini golf/batting cages bullshit. I think I managed to hit around 45 MPH in mine on a short track, and I'm fat. Skinny guys can go faster than that.

True, there will be a whole group of folks at Anthracite that I haven't met yet. I think its also a good idea to turn the December run into a M&G kind of run too. I think wheeling entices more people to come out than just going out to eat somewhere. Depending on the weather, you guys can plan some time into the beginning of the day Saturday at RC to meet everyone that shows up. Not sure I can make that run yet though... its a busy time of year for us.

You'll have a great time, Im sure. I will be sorry I'm missing that one, no doubt.
I dont know how "official" Brad had intended the Dec. 9th run to be, but I dont see a problem presenting as a meet 'n greet..to be sure , getting out and 'wheeling with someone's as good a way as any to get to know them. Bonus campfire time at TwinGrove if anyone else wants to make it a multi-day thing will just be icing on the cake. Hopefully, you'll be able to come out too, but we all know what a hectic time of year that is..I'm using it as a way to blow off steam going into the holidays!
Rich

You'll have a great time, Im sure. I will be sorry I'm missing that one, no doubt.
I dont know how "official" Brad had intended the Dec. 9th run to be, but I dont see a problem presenting as a meet 'n greet..to be sure , getting out and 'wheeling with someone's as good a way as any to get to know them. Bonus campfire time at TwinGrove if anyone else wants to make it a multi-day thing will just be icing on the cake. Hopefully, you'll be able to come out too, but we all know what a hectic time of year that is..I'm using it as a way to blow off steam going into the holidays!
Rich

Are you sure its Dec. 9th?? The only date(s) I saw in the December Trail Ride thread were Dec 13-15... Also, MrShaft696 name is Chris.

Are you sure its Dec. 9th?? The only date(s) I saw in the December Trail Ride thread were Dec 13-15... Also, MrShaft696 name is Chris.

OOOPs on both of those...I have no idea why I said Brad. And yep I got your run's date confused with that one...I am very dumb lately.
Apologies to all
Rich

I liked pizza fest, only way to get n and s NAC would be to do something in sw ct and I don't know of any places there worth hanging out at

I live in NW CT now, I can see MA from my porch, I do have a good size yard and town hall/court parking lot across the street but the food that gets cooked here isn't good
I could get a wheeling run though, would have to track down a buddy to find out

I LOVE PIZZA

whatever we do im down

I'm in to beat the bag off my DD again and then drive it home, also in for eating pizza or anything else.

Sam's back yard was the beginning of the end for my last exhaust system on that turd and I'm just about to put a new one on it again, so it's due for some thrashing I guess.

I'm in to beat the bag off my DD again and then drive it home, also in for eating pizza or anything else.

Sam's back yard was the beginning of the end for my last exhaust system on that turd and I'm just about to put a new one on it again, so it's due for some thrashing I guess.

just don't come at ken with snowballs

just make sure you have more than just fumes in your gas tank

Back