• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual Winter M&G

What type of M&G would you attend?

• Pizzafest

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Dave & Busters

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Panos

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Snow Wheeling/BBQ

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other (post your idea)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
So pretty much every year we've had some sort of M&G over the winter, and wanted to get the ball-rolling to see what everyone wanted to do this year. I enjoy seeing everyone more than once or twice a year so post up and let me know what you're up for.

Pizzafest
We ate pizza at some place in RI, Sam can chime in with the name of it as it's slipped my mind right now. They had possible wheeling behind the place, that would have to get worked out with the owner.

Dave & Busters
Confiscated the NASCAR game for most of the night and pounded beers. Don't remember where we ate that time (was it Wright's Chicken Farm?). There is another location in Braintree as well, we'd have to figure out a place to eat though. Doesn't matter to me where we go.

Pano's
It's really a small roast beef shop, with seating for maybe 20-30 people. Not sure this would be the best idea, but I personally love giving them the business.

Snow Wheeling/BBQ
I'm not sure of the possibility of this, as I'd have to talk to the landowners, but we could try doing a snow run at F&F and having a BBQ there afterwards. I don't even know if this is possible or if they would even let us, but it's something I can look into if there is interest. There is also the possibility of running class 6 roads in there area as well.

Other
Anyone have any other ideas? I was thinking F1 Boston but that might be a stretch if we have a bunch of people.

Just as an FYI, if there's snow on the ground in NH, class 6 roads are out. The majority turn into sled trails in the winter and those guys tend to get very unhappy when a group of Jeeps runs through a trail they paid to groom.

Also, F1 might do some kind of group rate, but I guarantee you'd need to have firm commitments and cash up front. It's super fun but can be on the more expensive side.

Just as an FYI, if there's snow on the ground in NH, class 6 roads are out. The majority turn into sled trails in the winter and those guys tend to get very unhappy when a group of Jeeps runs through a trail they paid to groom.

Also, F1 might do some kind of group rate, but I guarantee you'd need to have firm commitments and cash up front. It's super fun but can be on the more expensive side.

They are? Is that a new thing? Because I wheeled class 6 roads a few years back on an NEA Poker run in the snow. Didn't realize it was out now.

Yeah I'm not sure F1 is a great idea.

Have any other ideas?

They are? Is that a new thing? Because I wheeled class 6 roads a few years back on an NEA Poker run in the snow. Didn't realize it was out now.

Have any other ideas?

I think the trails you can get away with running are few and far between. Nothing really keeps you off them legally, it's just a big no-no with the NH guys (especially on ExploringNH), as the snowmobile guys tend to be the ones that push for the grading and/or closure of C6's overall to vehicles. Running them in the winter adds a lot of fuel to that fire.

F1 is a great idea and is super fun, I was there last year with a work group. It just seems like it may be tough if people aren't firm commitments ahead of time with cash up front, which seems to be the case with the NAC. Not pointing fingers, as I am definitely guilty of this myself with these events. You'd also have to anticipate spending a good chunk of change to race, as it's not super cheap.

Annual Winter M&G

I'm always down for pizzafest, though F1 would be cool too. I've never been to Boston and could make a nice weekend out of that.

And it's Pizza King in CT... Literally feet from the RI border

Have any other ideas?

We can find out which ones they run for the snow run and do those. They aren't all closed down.

we could also wheel after pizza-fest. theres some stuff in that area.

Gremlin in Sturbridge is another good snow run area, we could request it through an NEA club.

dave and busters got rid of nascar last year. I told you this.

We can find out which ones they run for the snow run and do those. They aren't all closed down.

There's a couple spots, but of course 98% of people show up in their daily drivers or tow rigs anyway. What we can wheel depends on the amount of snow on the ground at the time.

Pizzafest and whatever people end up doing afterwards. No need to make this more complicated than it's been. :D

Pizzafest was a hit last year, and the prior Chickenfests were also a hit. I call up and be like "we gots 50 people coming" they be like "sounds good" then after we galavant to wheeling, dave and busters, some Christmas party, or to look at houses in westerly.

Even if people end up choosing to do something else, I'll host pizzafest anyway lol.

I think the trails you can get away with running are few and far between. Nothing really keeps you off them legally, it's just a big no-no with the NH guys (especially on ExploringNH), as the snowmobile guys tend to be the ones that push for the grading and/or closure of C6's overall to vehicles. Running them in the winter adds a lot of fuel to that fire.

F1 is a great idea and is super fun, I was there last year with a work group. It just seems like it may be tough if people aren't firm commitments ahead of time with cash up front, which seems to be the case with the NAC. Not pointing fingers, as I am definitely guilty of this myself with these events. You'd also have to anticipate spending a good chunk of change to race, as it's not super cheap.

We ran a bunch of trails, enough to keep everyone busy for the whole day in multiple groups. I don't think it would be an issue.

Yeah I'm not confident on the F1 idea.

I'm always down for pizzafest, though F1 would be cool too. I've never been to Boston and could make a nice weekend out of that.

And it's Pizza King in CT... Literally feet from the RI border

Good to know, I totally slipped on the name.

So your planning this in both the N-NAC and the S-NAC? Membership could certainly use a boost down here.

I wasn't planning on organizing any M&Gs down south. I don't know of any good areas to go, nor would I likely be able to make it.

Is Chris still the southern events coordinator? I haven't seen him on the forums in a while, but I'm not sure how to handle the southern group.

We did have a bunch of guys from NJ and NY show up to Rocktoberfest though.

Pizzafest and whatever people end up doing afterwards. No need to make this more complicated than it's been. :D

Doesn't matter to me, was just wondering if people wanted to change it up or keep it the same.

Gremlin in Sturbridge is another good snow run area, we could request it through an NEA club.

Cool beans, we can keep in touch about it.

dave and busters got rid of nascar last year. I told you this.

Hence why I suggested the other Braintree one. Not sure if they have it or not.

There's a couple spots, but of course 98% of people show up in their daily drivers or tow rigs anyway. What we can wheel depends on the amount of snow on the ground at the time.

Agreed.

can we name it Pat's Piss and Moan Fest this year?

I love it.

Pizzafest was a hit last year, and the prior Chickenfests were also a hit. I call up and be like "we gots 50 people coming" they be like "sounds good" then after we galavant to wheeling, dave and busters, some Christmas party, or to look at houses in westerly.

Even if people end up choosing to do something else, I'll host pizzafest anyway lol.

I'm not trying to create something else entirely or steal your thunder, I was just wondering if people wanted to do something else.

By all means if you want to organize pizzafest again (and that's what everyone wants to do) then I'm all for it. I loved it last year.

Doesn't matter to me. In addition to anything else that might happen I'll just host it anyway, its easy and everyone has a good time.

I'm down for monster trucks, pizzeria uno, and 32 ounce blue moons again as well.

I voted for pizzafest. I love pizza and beer. Chickenfest is OK the chicken was lame the last time we went and they don't love us. I'll also throw in the same idea every year. Cheap TERRIBLE chinese buffet and scorpion bowls. I just can't imagine everyone eating way too much crappy chinese food and pounding scorpion bowls not being an awesome time. Some of us will die, i'm sure, but it will be interesting to see from what. Arcades also rule, although how about another idea. I would like to challenge the NAC to a game of wall ball...

I wasn't planning on organizing any M&Gs down south. I don't know of any good areas to go, nor would I likely be able to make it.

Is Chris still the southern events coordinator? I haven't seen him on the forums in a while, but I'm not sure how to handle the southern group.

We did have a bunch of guys from NJ and NY show up to Rocktoberfest though.

_________________________________________________________________^^^quote from MoparManiac^^^
Chris set up the Dec. 9th trailride at Rausch, which I could imagine would serve as a decent M&G for the South as far as I'm concerned. Anything beyond that is up to him.
I'll be reserving a cabin or lodge at TwinGrove when I get a more solid count of how many people want to make it a multi-day thing, and of course will be bringing plenty of firewood and foodstuffs.

The geography can be tough for this chapter when it comes to Meet and greets. While I would love to spend more good times with you guys, running 6 hrs plus for a meetngreet is a bit much for me on a good day, which I assume is what some of the folks closer to me "down here" are also thinking. We'll get it figured out.
Rich

So your planning this in both the N-NAC and the S-NAC? Membership could certainly use a boost down here.

I think you will be meeting some new folks coming to your Anthracite run, Andy. There was a group of NY/NJ guys that came to Rocktoberfest that were either members or prospective members, and they were top-notch.. We had the pleasure of running the trails with them and they brought in that enthusiasm you see when somebody says at the end of the day "Holy crap I cant believe my jeep made it thru there!" Great folks, and they were looking forward to getting to Rausch and closer points. You will enjoy their company.
See you soon guys!

Rich

Pizza fest was rad, but there should definitely be another event afterwards, whether it be watching Pat wheel (read: cry) or getting drunk somewhere.

Pitstop then doing nothing in Keene as theres nothing to do in Keene

Back