• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AMC20 vs. D60 widths?

IdahoEagle

NAXJA Forum User
I am starting to have the normal big tire high mileage problems with my D3o in the front of my Eagle wagon. I am going to be putting a D44 in front from a Waggy.
My beginning problem is, how to mach the wheel bolt circle with the MJ AMC20 that I am running in the rear? If that rear end uses the same length axle shafts as the Waggy, it's no big deal.
But in the off chance it's different, I want to replace it with a D60. Anyone know what the application for a centered FF D60 that has a 60" WMS to match the Waggy D44 front? If I can get close in width, it's no big deal because I also have a J10 front D44 laying around that needs gears anyway. And that D44 is like 63-64" WMS.
The 8 lug issue is no big deal. I'm getting a Dodge 3/T D44 for the gears, carrier, and knuckles anyway. If I end up with a D60 rear, I will just use the 3/4T outers complete. Bigger brakes won't hurt my feelings :D! And then I will just do the caliper grinding and run some 8 lug 15" wheels.
Anyone know of what D60 FF I can use that is 60" WMS? Preferrably one that is new enough that it is not a 19 spline? Hehe. Thanks.

Click here for the Dana 60 you are looking for.

Problem is, I'm wanting/needing to do this on a budget. Last I knew, Currie belongs nowhere near that word. I want to know a factory application for a FF D60 that is the width I'm looking for. I don't want a custom built pice that will cost me $3,000 for what I might be able to find in a yard somewhere for $200.

There is no such axle.

You could find a semi-float axle from a late60's/early 70's Mopar 426/440 car, but there are not many of those around.

The problem is, in order to use a ff 60, the truck must be a 3/4 or 1 ton unit, which rules out the width you are looking for.

The closest you could come is a 63" 14 bolt from a cab&chassis GM product.

The closest I found was a rear D60 from a '86 Dodge 3/4ton. It measures 65" WMS to WMS. I paired this with a D44 front from a WIDE TRAC waggy and used Dodge 3/4ton 8bolt outers. Dodge 3/4ton stuff adds .75" per side to the overall width. The fron ended up very close to 65" cann't remember the exact measurment.

Back