• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All the cons of carpet removal in one thread

yikes said:
With all this heat, taking the padding off the carpet, does the carpet then melt ? It kind of seems to be made out of plastic or nylon material with a rubber backing to it.

I may have to take some of the padding off as it didn't hold up too well to the scrubbing I gave it,-------------- to get the musty smell out.

Dave

jc whitney has the jute mat , so would your local trim shop. If i were you i would cut the carpet in a way it can easily be removed for muddy wheeling trips, and plopped back on the floor in a matter of minutes for weeks of daily driving. Best of both worlds, if your floor is 90% covered with carpet you wont mnow the difference. You know what i mean, cut slits by the seat bolts etc so you can just tug it and it comes out. cut the carpet into 4 sections: (1)front driver , (2)front passenger, (3) rear seat, and (4)trunk.

motorcityxj said:
jc whitney has the jute mat , so would your local trim shop. If i were you i would cut the carpet in a way it can easily be removed for muddy wheeling trips, and plopped back on the floor in a matter of minutes for weeks of daily driving. Best of both worlds, if your floor is 90% covered with carpet you wont mnow the difference. You know what i mean, cut slits by the seat bolts etc so you can just tug it and it comes out. cut the carpet into 4 sections: (1)front driver , (2)front passenger, (3) rear seat, and (4)trunk.
I dont know about the stock carpet melting. It might, but who knows.

Dont get the JC Whitney carpet kit! I just got it the other day. I am struggling to put it in. Nothing on it fits right. Its to wide, to long, the trans tunnel bulge isnt in the right place. Apparently you are supposed to use the stock carpet and trace where all the bolt holes and cut outs are needed. Well, I dont have the carpet, so I have to cut holes while it's in the Jeep and lets just say thats not really fun.
If you have a shop that can do it, or your really good at interior stuff, its a alright kit. But if your like me, its hard to install.

Also, the Whitney carpet kit has NO backing to it, stains REALLLLLLY easily, and is super thin, even compared to other kits. I can think of alot better way to spend $300.

I have LineX throughout the whole interior and it just gets redicoulsy hot as eveyone else has stated, It doesn't bother me to bad with the window down as long as I keep moving but if you stop it's like a suana in there. The noise isn't a problem at all though, with music on i don't even notice.

ren said:
Also, the Whitney carpet kit has NO backing to it, stains REALLLLLLY easily, and is super thin, even compared to other kits. I can think of alot better way to spend $300.
Huh, mine came with some thick insulation and only cost about $150. It is super thin though.

Back