• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airsoft BB Balance Trouble Shoot.

I'm still trying to figure out how all of the BBs in my last tires (BFG muds) turned into dust. Seriously. When they dismounted my old tires, lime green dust went flying everywhere. They called me in there wanting to know wtf it was. There wasn't a single BB left whole in them.

Suggestions? What type of BBs are you guys using with success?

Starscream said:
I'm still trying to figure out how all of the BBs in my last tires (BFG muds) turned into dust. Seriously. When they dismounted my old tires, lime green dust went flying everywhere. They called me in there wanting to know wtf it was. There wasn't a single BB left whole in them.

Suggestions? What type of BBs are you guys using with success?

Go to wal-mart.. get the bucket of green airsoft BBs...

ZacSquatch said:
Thanks for the link. Those are the ones I used. I bought two cases of them. Green dust is all they were after about 7K miles. :( Is there a big difference between the clear ones (like those) and the solid white ones? I have a a bunch of the solid white BBs I wanna try but I don't want to have to go through filling the tires again if they're just going to fall to pieces.

The grey/white ones are 20gr instead of 12gr in most cases, they will work though.

ZacSquatch said:

I'm using zinc plated Daisy BB's. They still look like new after 2+ yrs. JIM.

I ran white .20 airsoft pellets in my 35" MT/R's for 2.5 years, and when I changed them out yesterday they all looked like new (although they were brown/grey and not black).

I run 1000 .20's in each tire, its like driving on glass.

diesel3333 said:
Guys, check out the following link to the Centramatic site. These are external ball bearing balancers that work on the exact same principle as the BBs inside the tire.

http://www.centramatic.com/Demo/demo.php

There's a video of how they work that will clear up any confusion.

oh yeah...you mean the video I posted on the first page of this thread....post #19 :moon:

diesel3333 said:
Guys, check out the following link to the Centramatic site. These are external ball bearing balancers that work on the exact same principle as the BBs inside the tire.

http://www.centramatic.com/Demo/demo.php

There's a video of how they work that will clear up any confusion.

I've watched the video a dozen times over the last year, and I'm still confused as to how it works.

I don't question that it does (particularly since I just installed my 4th set of airsoft balanced tires), but I don't understand why.

;)

Everytime I hit the trails I move or tear off wheel weights.

So I went to 8oz of airsoft bb's in each tire when I bought my new 33" trxus mt's...no low speed vibes or anything...a little wobble at high speeds, but only sometimes.

cal said:
I've watched the video a dozen times over the last year, and I'm still confused as to how it works.

I don't question that it does (particularly since I just installed my 4th set of airsoft balanced tires), but I don't understand why.

Try this link for an explanation: http://4x4trailhunters.com/article.php?id=18. Read the How it Works section. You have probably seen this site before, but if not maybe it will help. It helped me understand. :dunno:

Quote cal:
"I run 1000 .20's in each tire, its like driving on glass."

HaHa. I bet it sure is hard to stop on the sheet of glass. Especially if its raining.

--Alex

Where do you guys take your tires that you can convince them to put BBs in the tires? I asked a friend who works at Discount, and he looked at me like I was some kind of zombie.

Back