• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airsoft BBs didn't work

Also an update on the sand - recap - got new Kumho 33 x12.5 -15 Muds on fairly new AR wheels and they are balanced with sand inside.
I'm impressed. sometimes there is just a small window where you feel a tiny bit of wobble getting up to speed but for the most part there is absolutely no vibe/wobble from these tires. I recommend the sand from personal experience - also the tire shop guy was able to talk to me very knowledgably and explain it.

sand gets the thumbs up from me!

scorpio_vette said:
i'll argue with that. i bend all 4 of my wheels very badly. 2 of them to the point that we were wondering how it was holding air. i took a sledge hammer to the rim to straighten it out a little and added 2 extra ounces of airsofts to compensate a little. i'm happy with it.

I've done the same thing to the rim and had it fixed, both with a hammer and properly at the tire dealer.....but I think people will agree that if a wheel is actually bent, to the point of causing a wobble, then no amount of anything inside the wheel is going to fix that.

In the same vein, I wouldn't expect AirSoft BBs to counteract a bent axle flange. There are some forces that can't be overcome by 8 ounces of plastic BBs and expecting that they will is overoptimistic.

scorpio_vette said:
hopefully you don't get to much moist air in the tire from deflating/inflating. i would think that would make the sand clump up.

One rotation and it's not clumped anymore. My concern with sand, completely unfounded, is the abrasive nature of it. I don't have any evidence one way or another but too add some round plastic BBs seems to be effective and less prone to damaging the inside of the tire.

Back