• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C to OBA swap

would this setup be identical on a r12 system?

also, how do you just undo all the ac lines and let the freon drain out?

it doesnt matter what system you have since you wont be using anything but the compressor. your legally supposed to have your ac drained by a certified mechanic and since my dad is one i just had him do it. but honestly you can just slowly unscrew any of your fittings and let is slowly drain out. just make sure you stand back when you do.

you guys still had freon in your lines?!

sheesh...

Alright, I have my input side done.

Intake Filter->Line->Oiler->Compressor
My oiler is connected directly to the fitting that connects to the compressor. Do you think the plastic vial piece of the oiler is going to melt with the underhood temperatures?

Onto the Output side.

Compressor->Check Valve->Copper Tubing->Filter/Seperator->Line->Tank->Manifold-Safety Relief Valve/Gauge/Pressure Switch->Line->Quick Connect

Does that seem right?
I was reading some other writeups about this mod and it seems that the best thing to do is run copper tubing from the compressor output side to the manifold, to let some of the heat dissapate.

I also read that the plastic bowl from the filter might melt with the heat over time. Have you had any problems with that yet?

Can you give me info on the pressure switch you used? brand, on psi, off psi, etc.

FYI - the "other" information i'm talking about is that thread you posted from jeepforum.com

I have the same oiler and filter as you do, but I can't tell if the oiler is working because nothing shows up in my filter. Is there anything you did to the oiler to make it work besides putting oil in it?

Back