• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c compressor for on-board air?

diabloxj said:
how did you power it? don't they need 110 to run?
It needs no power. It is only a switch. When the air pressure drops below a set psi, it turns on. When the pressure builds up to a set psi, it turns off. This is a cycle.

You will run a 12volt source into the pressure switch and run a wire out to your compressor. When the switch senses low pressure, it completes a circuit and powers up the compressor clutch.

If you look closely at my pictures, you can see a wire loom coming out of the switch. It's going to my compressor.

I just used the smaller version. I got mine at an air bag shop. It's nice and small so it is easy to mount. I used one like THIS

I don't carry air tools either. I was just thinking of bringing a 3/8 air ratchet just to make things faster.

-Mike

Spanky414 said:
About melting the filter, what about running a bit of copper line from the compressor to the filter and maybe making a coil out of it, would that maybe cool off the air enough to not melt it?

I don't think it is just the temp of the air but the underhood temps as well.

-Mike

Mike L said:
I don't think it is just the temp of the air but the underhood temps as well.

-Mike

Maybe, I havn't built mine yet (and so havn't had one melt yet) but wouldnt' that mean that the oiler would melt too?

Or maybe you mean the combo of the 2 heat sources?

How do they usually melt? Just the plastic bowl melts and sags till it springs a leak?

for the melting filter why don't u pump it so, the filter is in the passagner fender? they way it not in the heat? do u think that would work

diabloxj said:
for the melting filter why don't u pump it so, the filter is in the passagner fender? they way it not in the heat? do u think that would work

Using a metal filter should solve it. But I haven't tried it, but those who have have told me they haven't had any probs. I have seen some people run the air through a small oil cooler to cool down the air like an intercooler for a turbo.

-Mike

Back